Bad Online Experiences??

Ricco_M

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Right, I've been playing a few games of BLIC07 online on the PC through Gamespy Arcade for the past week or so now. I must say that I've really enjoyed it....that was until I played a game against one real sad individual tonight.

The individual in question was called Mastbanda and despite having a large total to defend (300!!) he never used his main bowlers instead all he did for over 14 overs was to bowl as short as possible (the bowler nearly hitting his own toes) with spin bowlers with the worst ratings (usually batsman) This resulted in the bowl bouncing twice on the wicket... totally unplayable... and if you missed the ball on the 2nd bounce you would be out LBW. I just can't believe someone would get any enjoyment playing like this.......

So I'm just wondering how common this is and if anyone else has played anyone who uses similar tactics......... I think I might stop playing if people abuse a glitch in the game like this..... it's just not cricket!!!

Wherever there is an online game there is an idiot unfortunately. Earlier I was playing on Top Spin 2, was winning easily, then the person I was playing decided he was going to hit lobs every shot. :rolleyes: Sometimes people really don't care who they annoy.

bloody hell that guy posts on planetcricket and is fs740, and he's im our minnow tournament too! this is not good! i agree ricco, that is compltly pointless and ruins the game for everyone!

This is the scorecard from one of my Gamespy matches. No field restrictions and me batting first...

Attachments

• cric.jpg
    cric.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 207
9 times out of 10 ill play properly, but sometimes i get frustrated and throw a few bad balls (sorry earl lol).

Ricco_M said:
I think I might stop playing if people abuse a glitch in the game like this..... it's just not cricket!!!

My thoughts go to Gas bowling 3 foot outside off!
I had a cracking game with Phil earlier. I was pitching it up and getting it to swing enough that he would miss it or edge it despite going for quick runs.

yo Ricco_M why are you taking this so seriously? man
i told you i was just having fun with you damn
you're such a child!!!!!
telling everyone about it dammnnn

fs740 said:
yo Ricco_M why are you taking this so seriously? man
i told you i was just having fun with you damn
you're such a child!!!!!
telling everyone about it dammnnn

Child? Can you blame him for wanting a proper game? I hate it when people don't play properly, completely takes the enjoyment out of it for the person on the receiving end.

the ball was bouncing twice i admit,
but the second bounce was bouncing behind the crease you understand what i'm trying to say.
and let me tell you one thing i could do whatever i want to do the opposition can't tell
what i'm supposed to do or how i should play
and if ya'll don't like that then i'll try not let it happen again.

man......learn the rulessss first

i hope you understand that if you play like this in the minnow trophy you will be kicked from the tournament

so when are we playing and
forget all about this okay
wanna play right now?

Well Im sick of people not playing it like cricket. 9/10 people I have played decide to use every glitch there is no how is that fun.

Walking across the wicket, spiking there ping whilst bowling, the slow bouncer as mentioned before etc. The list goes on, why bother playing if you wish to do that.

barmyarmy said:
My thoughts go to Gas bowling 3 foot outside off!

Hey at least you could hit that still for four or six. I was actually bowling to the pre set defesnive field 5 or 6 i think. ;)

fs740 said:
the ball was bouncing twice i admit,
but the second bounce was bouncing behind the crease you understand what i'm trying to say.
and let me tell you one thing i could do whatever i want to do the opposition can't tell
what i'm supposed to do or how i should play
and if ya'll don't like that then i'll try not let it happen again.

man......learn the rulessss first

Firstly I can't believe that your a member of Planetcricket forums and now I've just realised that your in our minnow online tournament :eek:

Sorry mate but i think you find that the second bounce was in front of the batsman on the wicket

You can play whatever way you want mate - but I won't be playing against you again if thats the way you play.

I just can't understand why you would enjoy playing like that - where is the fun in that??

Users who are viewing this thread