Ball carry - fast bowling

marcopolio1001

School Cricketer
Playing in career mode and I've tried this with a couple of different characters who are both fast bowlers. I've got an issue where the ball simply doesn't carry to the keeper - 156kph deliveries, bouncing and rolling to the keeper if the batsman leaves the ball.

If they leave one delivery, then keeper and slips come up. If not, the ball will never carry through. Only delivery with carry is a cross seam delivery.

It looks crap and is massively frustrating when the batsman nicks a full blooded cut shot and it bounces before getting to the keeper.

Bowler had 70/78 skill for bowling speed as well. Effort balls were 162kph+ - still doesn't carry.

Playing in career mode and I've tried this with a couple of different characters who are both fast bowlers. I've got an issue where the ball simply doesn't carry to the keeper - 156kph deliveries, bouncing and rolling to the keeper if the batsman leaves the ball.

If they leave one delivery, then keeper and slips come up. If not, the ball will never carry through. Only delivery with carry is a cross seam delivery.

It looks crap and is massively frustrating when the batsman nicks a full blooded cut shot and it bounces before getting to the keeper.

Bowler had 70/78 skill for bowling speed as well. Effort balls were 162kph+ - still doesn't carry.

this is yet another terrible design feature in the catalogue. if you don't get perfect input, someone at BA (likely the same person who thinks you don't attack in the 4th innings) thinks the laws of physics are suspended and the ball doesn't carry.

(note sometimes it may not carry if it's a soft pitch, but usually it's the shite design.)

^^Yeah along with other stuffs which failed to make it..

this is yet another terrible design feature in the catalogue. if you don't get perfect input, someone at BA (likely the same person who thinks you don't attack in the 4th innings) thinks the laws of physics are suspended and the ball doesn't carry.

(note sometimes it may not carry if it's a soft pitch, but usually it's the shite design.)

Interesting. This happens even when the input is listed as Perfect and Perfect.

Hmmm - another ongoing issue that needs patching then. Thanks for the answer

I think the pitch type does have an effect, obviously, but perhaps more than feels realistic. Particularly at the start of matches the carry seems unrealistic. These days I generally try to avoid setting a soft pitch whenever I play.

Another thing you may want to try is lowering the Pitch/Ball Friction in the gameplay modifiers. Only small changes maybe 5 on the scale and see what difference you get. It's a been a month or two since I was playing around with them, I hope I'm remembering it right, but changing the friction impacts the velocity and trajectory of the ball after it pitches. It's worth just starting a casual match bowling standard deliveries and changing the modifiers and comparing the difference at the end of the over when you get the ball tracking of each delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread