Bangladesh - Being Bangladesh!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
They are the underdogs, dark horses, people call them not me! They are Bangladesh, they are the Tigers, the brave, I call them! The passion, the attitude to win, to play for each other defines the young Bangladeshi team (for me) ahead of the World Cup 2011.

I'm a fan, a fanatic of Bangladesh Cricket Team. I don't go deep into statistics, they can be misleading. Every team enjoys it's highs and has it's lows. Bangladesh have done with the lows and now is the time to move ahead, go far. They have the arsenal, the fire power, almost everything that takes a team to be called 'contenders' rather than 'minnows'.

Led by a young and thinking skipper, Shakib Al Hasan, Bangladesh look a formidable unit. Likes of Tamim Iqbal and Shahriar Nafees at the top of the order followed by Ashraful, Raqibul, and Shakib himself in the middle order make Bangladesh a solid batting unit. All have the potential, now is the time to deliver.

With the spin department packed, Bangladesh have the bowlers to stop the runs during the middle phase of an innings. Pace bowling is inexperienced but, doesn't mean they cannot do a good job. People want revenge, they want them to get smashed, all I want is to see them fight and push other teams. They need to prove the wins in the previous edition weren't just flukes but, their hard work. How can they do that? Well, certainly by being consistent and playing to their potential.

They have no pressure, no one expects them to do well except for fans like me. They need to take this as a positive and move on, show the world what they are made of. They surely can do that. They don't have the 'big names', they aren't blown away by the 'big money', they have the passion, the passion to make it big, to make their country proud. I put them in my list to go the distance during this World Cup. Though, in doing so, they might even get people banned from Internet forums.

When you already have a thread on Bangladesh, why create an extra one ?

The answer is still NO. :D

This is more of an article, I know it isn't the big and massive stats page but serves the purpose. And, look for me they are the contenders and for you they aren't. Simple as that. This is just a fan's perspective.

While Bangladesh may do better than Windies or Kiwis, they will find it difficult to go anywhere beyond Quarter finals. :noway

Roqibul and Junaid Siddique are liabilities in the team. Both are terrible at rotating the strike. Ashraful is ████ but considering the batting is so weak we might need to play him.

Tamim
Imrul
Nafees
Shakib
Mahmudullah
Ashraful
Rahim
Shuvo
Razzak
Rubel
Shafiul

I think this should be the line up in the first match. Top order is filled with left handers but I still think that's the way it should like. Nafees is way more attacking than Junaid or Roqibul and in my opinion he should be playing. Ashraful can be used down the order as a finisher, even if fails which he will, Mushfiq and Shuvo can try and get the innings back on track.

if tamim was capable of taking a step up they have a shot at the semi finals.

but I do mean a step up, he's good right now but he would have to start showing the kind of ability that a future great would show.

Top order full of lefties :eek: Zaheer must be itching to bowl for this match. :p

And remember how much Zaheer has changed since then... Ask Smith,Hayden, Hussey how they are clueless whenever they face Zaheer.:p

Bangladesh will be really dependent on Tamim, Imrul, Shakib and Mortaza. Mahmudullah has also proved to be useful at times.

Users who are viewing this thread