Bangladesh Tour of India 2019 Discussion

Who will both T20 and Test series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

Bigby Wolf

I have a different version the above. Agreeably, Sanjay isn't the most liked of commentators in India for his pro- Mumbai, pro- India and 50% senseless comments. However, there was a need for someone to put Harsha in his place and thats what Sanjay did.

Bhogle has been a respected commentator and is mostly liked by a lot. But, do note that Bhogle tends to be pro- Bangladesh in his commentary, which some of us find a bit weird. Bhogle got kicked off the commentary team for a similar stunt he pulled during the WT20 a few years ago. Even during the current series, he kept praising BD. I remember an instance where they had lost half their side under 100 and here was Bhogle praising their batting. Praising a team where they've done well, is definitely acceptable, but not to the extent that Harsha does with Bangaldesh.

Bhogle's pro-Bangla tendencies came to the fore during the debate between him and Manjrekar. The way I see it, Harsha's favourite team was unable to compete and hence he wanted the player's opinions to be taken into account. On the other hand, if the players were so sure that they wouldn't be able to compete, they should have simply walked out of the match. Manjrekar maybe a D-bag, but just for once, he is right in reading between the lines.
Lol.

Elite101

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Returning to PlanetCricket after a while and happy to see this thread is still active

Users who are viewing this thread