Bangladesh Tour of Sri Lanka March 2013

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Shakib would walk into any Test team in the World in my opinion. And probably most if not all of the ODI and T20 ones too. He's so underrated because he happens to play for Bangladesh. Guy has got skills.

macintosh

Club Captain
I wonder what Bangladesh is trying to prove by encouraging their players to go for draws and offering the flattest pitches to the visiting teams:facepalm
Sri Lanka could have scored 1000 if they would have kept going.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well the pitch has been a joke, but I would not take the efforts of Bangla's from them.

macintosh

Club Captain
The match is is Galle,Srilanka.Bangladesh are the visitors.

wtf:eek: I thought its in Bangladesh, because they had used such pitches when the WI had came there.

----------

Well the pitch has been a joke, but I would not take the efforts of Bangla's from them.

True, there's no doubt about it, actually I was pretty annoyed with the kind of pitches which were used when the WI toured Bangladesh. Going by that, I though even this match is in Bangladesh as m anyways not following the series much, I only watch when Mendis is bowling.
They have improved a lot, can't take anything away from them, but they need to keep moving ahead, they have got the resources now, they should try to win.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
bit cynical about SLs pitch, I have the feeling there was an element to it where they just thought bangladesh would collapse and didn't want to give their new batsmen anything tricky to deal with.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Who wants a test hundred? Just go play against Bangladesh.

sadly still true. their batting has probably been a bit under-rated recently, it's getting to the point where they don't really look that far behind, if they're even behind at all, they've not got that experienced, classy batsman that can do rescue jobs and pile on the runs (like sangakkara or chanderpaul) but they're not looking woefully under-strength overall. talent wise actually quite promising.

bowling wise they're still extremely poor though, sri lanka will probably pile on the runs but it won't be because Karunaratne, Vithanage, or thirimane are way ahead of hossain, rahim, iqbal. It will be because the spinners and seamers will bowl inconsistent dross, if sanga gets going he'll score loads.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
sangakkara is the difference between the two sides, it would be easy to just pin this down on bangladesh being rubbish but without sangakkara they're pretty much on equal footing.

mahmadullah mind does not look up to batting in the top 6, may be risky to change something that's working but nassir hossain has being playing a lot better than no.7 (averaging 47 in his tests so far) so surely he should be coming in at 5 instead. shakib coming back will be a boost to their batting overall as well.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
that was reasonably encouraging from bangladesh, on the face of it herath and sangakkara made the difference, perhaps without one of them bangladesh would have been either able to bowl them out quicker or survive a lot longer in batting evening things up.

no discernible difference between the young guys in the squad, without the two established 35 year olds sri lanka would have been in a lot of trouble.

bangla really need to make sure this crop of players is developed though, they've been playing tests over 10 years so it is a mite worrying that their best players are still under 25. having a young squad is a fair enough excuse for still being slightly behind, but if they're team is made up of a whole new batch of youngsters in another 10 years you really have to ask why. (though the answer is probably in them not being paid enough in domestic cricket to make a long term career and not having access to proper coaching all year round)

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Ah I see rain intervened...I'm always a bit sad when I see a D/L chase like this ie. no significant scores from Bangladesh yet they've beaten a score of 302.

I mean look at the comparisons. After 13.4 overs (when rain stopped play):
SL were 0/79
BD were 1/78

In their last 13.2 overs:
SL scored 7/96
BD needed another 105 to win - and burned 6 more wickets to get there

That happening with BD knowing exactly how many they needed, and the fact they needed to push the RR. SL on the other hand were already past 200, plenty of wickets in hand and no requirement to score X runs in Y overs.

Meanwhile the other 2/127 good runs SL scored in the 23 middle overs have been virtually eliminated from the equation...I think SL were jobbed a bit here by Duckworth Lewis.

Users who are viewing this thread