Your Cricket Bat Breakers

formula1man

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
How do you know if a ball is a bat breaker?
I bought a Gray Nicolls Hurricane white ball. Its 5.h oz. Its hand made in India.
Its smallish and was relatively cheap. But i doubted Gray Nicolls made bat breakers. Is it though? It sounds hard compared to my other balls, but my other ones are very old and soft so its hard tio compare.

jordox

International Cricketer
It sounds hard compared to my other balls, but my other ones are very old and soft so its hard tio compare.

:laugh :laugh

Okay now I've had my immature laugh.

If it seems really hard on your bat and makes a bad sound, I'd suggest just playing it safe and not using it man.

formula1man

International Cricketer
I suppose a big cracking noise is not good? I used them on my old bat 1st. The paint is chipping off too. Is that wat white balls do?

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Don't use gray nicholls balls. It's the number 1 wrong at our club. They're made in India and are no good. They are like concrete to the bat and they'll break it. White, red, purple, black. Whatever colour it is is bad. Always get kookaburras or one that is known like Dukes etc.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
A lot of decent balls are actually Indian made. Did you know you can buy an Australian made Duke? Origin isn't a total giveaway and price might not be either. Just apply a rule of thumb, if you don't know the ball, don't use it. Instincts are often right; if you're wondering why it makes a funny sound or why the company doesn't supply balls to competitions, you might just be onto something. Let someone else learn that lesson.

shubhrayu

International Coach
A lot of decent balls are actually Indian made. Just apply a rule of thumb, if you don't know the ball, don't use it. Instincts are often right; if you're wondering why it makes a funny sound or why the company doesn't supply balls to competitions, you might just be onto something. Let someone else learn that lesson.

LOL Sorry for that but Cricket balls.....:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
If you're using an expensive bat, it's best to buy "CRICKET BALLS" that are well known and generally not imported. I have a cheap bat which I use and I've got about 5-8 cheap Crickets balls which I use to just play around and practise with. Quality bat requires quality maintenance.

If you do end up using the cheaper Cricket balls, it's probably best to not bowl so fast when it's new.

Users who are viewing this thread