Batting Help (Beginners)

m_darsot

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am just starting out in Cricket 2004. Batting seems to be hard. I need few tips. When I bat pressing power button I seem to hit boundries and sixes but also get out more often. I remember in Brian lara cricket u can play strokes that gives you boundries without taking risk or hitting in the air. However in Cricket 2004 if you do not hit power button u will only get single. Besides I find the range of shots very limited in 2004. Lot of people say time the ball but how exactly u time it, whats the trick.

1) How do you hit boundries and sixes without hitting power button.
2) increase range of shots.
3) how do u time the ball.

Thanks

m_darsot said:
I am just starting out in Cricket 2004. Batting seems to be hard. I need few tips. When I bat pressing power button I seem to hit boundries and sixes but also get out more often. I remember in Brian lara cricket u can play strokes that gives you boundries without taking risk or hitting in the air. However in Cricket 2004 if you do not hit power button u will only get single. Besides I find the range of shots very limited in 2004. Lot of people say time the ball but how exactly u time it, whats the trick.

Thanks
No sixes without the slog button, boundaries should be easy to get- try batting in the nets and looking at the timing bar. About the shots, you can play every cricket shot- just remember that down+right = cover drive etc.

m_darsot said:

Thanks
I suppose you are having trouble playing in hard mode. Easy and medium levels are great for beginners to get the feel of the gameplay. Also if you press power button while hitting a straight six there are more chances of being out (my personal exp). Slogging the ball on leg side (right+front foot+power) is a safe shot to score fours and sixes. also when the ball is on good length (2/3rd length of wicket) I make sure that the gully is not in place and play the advance shot+down button+right button+power button. It always results in four.

Practice,practice,practice and practice.Remember the old saying: Practice makes Perfect. ;)

I dont like the advance shots in cricket 2004. They were much better in cricket 2002. I can hardly make out difference between advance shot and front foot shot (visually) in cric 2004.

No but that would be so cool,especially as many batsman use it against spinners.

Users who are viewing this thread