Batting Problems ...ARRGGH!

desi247

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,

Just got Cricket 2005, was expecting to play out an aussie ashes whitewash against the hated poms, but sadly I can't even outscore bangladesh in the ODI. What am I doing wrong?

Anytime I bat, it goes a trivial distance, and if I go for a six-hit, then I'm caught or i'm bowled : (

I even loaded the other patch, but it didnt do anything.

At the nets and the match, i'm timing pretty much bang on, but it keeps just doing defensive , lame shots. Any ideas???

everyone has had this problem in the past. The thing you have to do is to persist with it, practise timing the shots correctly to get the confidence level going. This will make it easier to score runs!

Surely it shouldn't be so hard as to actually be batting against Flintoff yourself! I'm all for realism, but its a bit TOO much!!

There's some reference in the manual to "holding the button" for a stronger shot, but this doesnt work?

welcome to C2005

batting difficulty is only tip of tyhe iceberg

-sooner or later you will realize that the CPU bowls 95% of the balls right on the stumps - over-pitched or yorkers.. no room to play the cut, late cut, glige to the third-man (rarely to will get those opportunities)

good luck !!!

In the first few overs of a ODI try playing a square drive whilst holding down the six-hit trigger. Its the safest way to go for a big hit. With a bit of practice you should be able to get your run rate for the first few overs upto about 10 runs an over and get your batsmans confidence up. When fielding restrictions are removed and the cpu team place several fielders on the boundary try playing cover drives past the bowler and take a single of every ball. Against Yorkers and full toss deliveries try playing a square drive. This works for fast and medium pace bowlers but for spin i try to advance down the wicket to score of them. I can't say my suggestions are bulletproof but i have had a fair bit of success with these tactics.

Sorry, should be leg-glance and on-drive not cover drive and square drive. Im left handed!

Users who are viewing this thread