BATTING SLIDERS AND SET UP HOLY GRAIL!!!!

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As the title suggests, this a thread to discuss or give your ultimate sliders and/or difficulty set up, please give what control set up and what difficulty and what sliders you have tweaked that give you the best batting experience... Anyway without further ado here goes mine (please try to use this format I'm using to make it a little simpler for readers, thank you :D)

Match difficulty (Ai): legend
Batting Difficulty: hardest
Control set up: standard
Pitch marker: enabled
Aerial line and length indicator: disabled
Field radar: enabled
Physics sliders (yes/no, Description): yes, bowling min and max set to 72 each all the rest default.
Batting cameras: bowling far and fielding 1 for running

For me this set up is a well balanced contest between bat and ball! I'm sooo bloody happy with this game arm, kudos big ant ya legends!

thivakar

School Cricketer
Love the sliders, I batted in the nets and I wanted to bat in Pro Cam with no trackers on but the balls were sooo slow so had to up the pace a bit. I don't like seeing 200Km/H mark on the screen, I'm sure something will be done about that in future and it is the least worry. I also bowl Leggie and in real life, I turn big and flight the ball well, so adjusted the spin slider according to that.

niksopikso

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
As the title suggests, this a thread to discuss or give your ultimate sliders and/or difficulty set up, please give what control set up and what difficulty and what sliders you have tweaked that give you the best batting experience... Anyway without further ado here goes mine (please try to use this format I'm using to make it a little simpler for readers, thank you :D)

Match difficulty (Ai): legend
Batting Difficulty: hardest
Control set up: standard
Pitch marker: enabled
Aerial line and length indicator: disabled
Field radar: enabled
Physics sliders (yes/no, Description): yes, bowling min and max set to 72 each all the rest default.
Batting cameras: bowling far and fielding 1 for running

For me this set up is a well balanced contest between bat and ball! I'm sooo bloody happy with this game arm, kudos big ant ya legends!

Can you share the screenshot of batting sliders you using. This is my first Big Ant cricket game and its been 3 days now. I can easily play in legend mode until i realized its the AI difficulty. I enabled the Batting sliders and tried playing with Hard Hardest and even medium but could not touch a ball. Am i missing something or is it too hard and i need to practice.

C

Chris Swift

Can you share the screenshot of batting sliders you using. This is my first Big Ant cricket game and its been 3 days now. I can easily play in legend mode until i realized its the AI difficulty. I enabled the Batting sliders and tried playing with Hard Hardest and even medium but could not touch a ball. Am i missing something or is it too hard and i need to practice.

If you are playing on anything above amateur, you have to use footwork, otherwise you won't hit the ball.

niksopikso

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
If you are playing on anything above amateur, you have to use footwork, otherwise you won't hit the ball.
I am playing comfortably in Legend mode using footwork with classic control. I am talking about the Gameplay Modefiers > Batting sliders. I enabled them on Hard. Could not play at all using footwork.

Rhone

International Cricketer

You aren't missing anything. This is a bug that has been raised in the bug thread. I have experienced it as well.

gogabutt

Club Captain
Try this and test your batting skills. If you manage to stay calm you will eventually put some runs on the board. I found it perfect for odis. You will have to rely on 1s & 2s and occasional 4s. You will be able to hit aerial shots but most of the time those will be ended up getting caught.

- No HUD circles around the ball (I hate them!)
- Pitch Marker On
- hard batting
- legend difficulty
- pace max 80
- pace bounce 60
- pace revolution 75-80
- pace swing 75-80
- spin turn 60
- spin bounce 55
- spin drift 60
- spin revolution 60
- ball traction 45
- ball bounce 55

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Try this and test your batting skills. If you manage to stay calm you will eventually put some runs on the board. I found it perfect for odis. You will have to rely on 1s & 2s and occasional 4s. You will be able to hit aerial shots but most of the time those will be ended up getting caught.

- Pitch Marker On
- hard batting
- legend difficulty
- pace max 80
- pace bounce 60
- pace revolution 75-80
- pace swing 75-80
- spin turn 60
- spin bounce 55
- spin drift 60
- spin revolution 60
- ball traction 45
- ball bounce 55
Cheers pal, I'll give it a whirl!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Gotta love this thread..Even without having the game yet [PC version] this discussion excites me..:D

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
What "shot power" (or is it "shot force"?) setting do people use? it is the setting that controls how much the ball travels after a shot. I set it as low as 10 and the ball still flies off the bat (for both AI batsman and me) in T20s. Playing on veteran and medium batting. I don't remember the ball flying around so much in DBC17

estmsm

Club Captain

- Pitch Marker On
- hard batting
- legend difficulty
- pace max 80
- pace bounce 60
- pace revolution 75-80
- pace swing 75-80
- spin turn 60
- spin bounce 55
- spin drift 60
- spin revolution 60
- ball traction 45
- ball bounce 55

I don't think there is an option of 'Spin Turn', or is it there? :spy

sashu_91

County Cricketer
What "shot power" (or is it "shot force"?) setting do people use? it is the setting that controls how much the ball travels after a shot. I set it as low as 10 and the ball still flies off the bat (for both AI batsman and me) in T20s. Playing on veteran and medium batting. I don't remember the ball flying around so much in DBC17
My short power is default at 50, playing on legend diffculty and hard batting. Ball does not fly that much, you have to earn the runs. Medium would not be a challenge as you can time the ball more easily IMO.Although, you can hit more sixes when playing the shot at right time as compared to DBC 17 in genreal.

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
My short power is default at 50, playing on legend diffculty and hard batting. Ball does not fly that much, you have to earn the runs. Medium would not be a challenge as you can time the ball more easily IMO.Although, you can hit more sixes when playing the shot at right time as compared to DBC 17 in genreal.

I'm beginning to wonder if "shot power" has any impact for the AI batsman. I set it to 10 and am playing T20 vs Pro AI (bowling on easy) and its still hitting me all over the park. The AI plays what looks like a conservative push and the ball flies for 6 or screams along the ground for 4. I suppose this is one way to make the AI more competitive but it is starting to feel a little ridiculous.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Yes this is the one to make AI more competitive by not allowing players to hit easily every ball.. which makes it more fun, but keep in mind that if you time it perfectly according to the ball type it will still go to the distance but that will be not too often...I think it applies to AI as well...You must be balling real bad to get hit every ball at the difficult you mentioned

Users who are viewing this thread