Batting tips in test mode!

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can someone help me with the batting in test mode?
I found it a little hard because of timing the shots. I read the manual and know when to time the shots, but I miss on every ball, I can only defend! :confused: And when I go for a big one it gets edged and bowled! :noway
I wan't to play on test mode because the bowling in the game is easy, even on test mode. Crap that it's not possible to autoplay! :mad

Here are my tips for playing fast bowlers...

1. Defend all full straight deliveries that might hit the stumps.

2. For the deliveries that are not on stumps or may not hit stumps (like short pitched balls), play as if you are expecting a fast ball (around 100 mph for akhtar, 95 mph for Lee and so on) - if the speed indicator is full or near full. That means pressing the button as soon as bowler releases the ball. This way you will always get runs whenever bowler bowls at normal speed and in case the bowler bowls a slower one - the worst that can happen is you miss the ball.

3. When bowler bowls with speed indicator not full, capitalize on it as the ball will not be a 100 mph thunderbolt (or 95 mph for Lee, 80 mph for Pathan and so on) and you should be able to score off it.

4. When bowler's confidence level is high, try to play as if the bowler is going to bowl at 65 mph coz that's the speed of the 'special' deliveries for all bowlers. I have seen when bowler's confidence is full, they always bowl special ball (at 65 mph) within the next 2-3 deliveries. And good thing about BLIC is that there's no front foot and back foot shots. Thus you simply press 'X' and you will hit the ball - be it a bouncer or a yorker.

Using this approach you will miss quite a few balls but you will hammer enough balls to score at more than run a ball. Best shot against fast bowlers is slash/cut/drive shot over 3rd man for a 6 whenever bowler bowls short or outside off.

Users who are viewing this thread