BCCI sacks Prasad and Robin Singh

Did the BCCI officials do a right thing?

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
BCCI sacks Prasad, Robin Singh

Finally, a right decision by the BCCI. These two were doing no good to the team whatsoever, they were just making their moneybags fatter and fatter every month. Prasad and Singh have been a part of this Indian team since 2007. But, they have done nothing significant at all during their such long stay. See our fielding standards- what they were in 2007, and what they are now. Yeah, a little improvement has happened, but I'd hardly give Robin Singh the credit for that. It's more due to the inclusion of young bloods in the team than anything. And even though our current team is mainly composed of young players, we still remain a crap fielding side. So, yeah, what's his achievement?

Same with Prasad. Show me one quality seamer apart from Ishant (although he sucks at ODIs and T-20s) who has made his appearance in his regime. Also, see the condition of our current bowling lineup; we are missing just a single frontline seamer, yet the whole bowling unit has collapsed!! What headway did Prasad make in improving our bowling standards, then? Isn't that the reason why we kept him? Thank God that the BCCI has finally realized that Prasad and Robin were of no use to the side!

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Our bowling and fielding have been showing this graph since 2007.

graph-attack.png

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Not a good Diwali for this two :(

But during the CB series, Vs Nz, SL (compaq cup) the teams performance was not that bad to sack this fellas

BCCI is covering something by fronting this issue, believe me

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Thats a right choice, bring in some foriegners to give training to the young Indian lads in the team, becasue no past Indian was a great field. Robin Singh was the best of them and the results speaks for themselves.

Some on like Johnty Rhodes should be brought in and make Wasim Akram or Allan Donald the bowling coach and also make Shane Warne the spin coach.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
come on. they have finally done something right in ages.

King Cricket

International Coach
But during the CB series, Vs Nz, SL (compaq cup) the teams performance was not that bad to sack this fellas

Well, what have they actually achieved? Our bowling is crap, our fielding is crap, we don't have a single seamer apart from Zak who is equally good in three formats....aren't we supposed to be featuring in the World Cup a year and half from now?

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well,India bowling and fielding was really not up to the mark in champions trophy but that doesn't mean that you would sack the bowling and fielding coaches 's.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have been wanting this to happen for quite sometime now and am glad that this has happened now. Prasad initially started off well but later his tendency for line and length at the cost of pace rubbed off on our bowlers and made us look pathetic. Line and length is good, but in this T20 age, bowling line and length off a good pace is extremely important because batsmen are very quick to read the line and length these days and play good shots off even the good balls.

Robin Singh has been hopeless since start. I thought he would be good but he hasnt added anything of significance to the team. People say that players must perform. But its also a coach's duty to make sure that the lads focus on practicing and enhancing their skills and are not distracted. And both these guys have not achieved that. We definitely need a guy from the West for the fielding (e.g. Rhodes, etc). Someone like Akram would do good for bowling but the controversy will not allow it to happen.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Good decision by BCCI. Mcgrath are you busy? :sarcasm

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I believe that the sacking of Prasad without a viable replacement was a foolish and knee-jerk move. Prasad's stint has brought many improvements, as shown in England in 2007, Australia in 2007/8 (cue reactionary forces noting that those were ages ago and we need change NOW). Things may have slowed down on the bowling front as Ishant's form has waned and Zaheer is injured but I still feel that his sacking has been too hasty. As for Robin Singh, I do not feel he has improved the team's fielding at all, and, despite the effort which I am sure he has shown, he had to be let go.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Well,people generally tend to develop a feeling that foreigners make better coaches rather than actually looking at the skills of the coach.
Having said that,i've got a feeling that those two weren't of much use anyway.

P

pcfan123

Hire Shoaib Akhtar for the bowling coach, he's not doing too much nowadays :sarcasm

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
This is what happens when the organization is run by jackasses who have never been on the playing field in their entire lives.

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
What :eek: These 2 were still training the team? I thought they were sacked in 07, any way good thing they're sacked now

Users who are viewing this thread