BCCI to investigate charges raised by IPL sting operation

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
This has been happening since the very beginning. I've heard reports about corruption in IPL since the first season. There is so much money involved that outcomes, whether they be through spot-fixing or match-fixing, will be fixed, especially with the lackadaisical attitude that the BCCI has to the whole situation.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
5 IPL players have been suspended by BCCI thus far. The list includes:

TP Sudhindra (Deccan Chargers), Mohnish Mishra (Pune Warriors), Shalabh Srivastava (Kings XI Punjab), Amit Yadav (Kings XI Punjab) and a player named as "Bali".

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's not just the gambling, it's the fact that there are a lot of passengers. Sure they get payed well enough, but there are millions who would be happy to take their job. These guys might not have a reputation to lose or much of a future to protect; above all else, it's easier to name their price than somebody on 1 million a year.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I myself doubt that several matches are fixed, they swing far too much. And they're called unpredictability and trauma by everybody involved in the IPL, that's real fishy.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Lalit Modi.

It all started with him in the IPL.

I have my doubts on Deccan Chargers :p Traded KP to delhi when they bought him for 2 mil, keep losing all their last over games and have one of their players in the fixing trap.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Luckily there are no big names in that 5 - are any of them even playing this year? But still...it does make you wonder. Are these players who didn't get the millions on offer in the auctions and were subsequently keen to jump at any chance of big money? Is this just the tip of the iceberg? I hate sounding skeptical, but IPL really is the perfect place for fixing - LOTS of games, PLENTY of money being paid to players and to bookies.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
From their cricinfo profiles Sudhindra has played 3 games for DC, M. Mishra 1 game for PW this season. The other three haven't played.

Srivastava hasn't played much domestic cricket since last year's IPL, where he was a mainstay for KXIP.

Users who are viewing this thread