Best Cricket Game

Originally posted by benburch2001@Dec 22 2003, 03:16 PM
So c2k2 with fixed bugs? That would be the best?
I would'nt say it was completely bug free by any means, so far I've managed to play 50 overs with out a freeze..

It's just these Cricket games are notorious for "silly bugs" which seem to reappear from one game to the next.

Steve.

A few things is BLC i dont like:

- Bad Graphics
- Defensive Shot really bad.
- Old Players
- Hardly Any Celebration For Wicket ( e.g: Bowler clean bowls batmen, keeper puts his hands in air, bowler walks back to mark expressionlessly.)

In terms of gameplay, like swing, spin and shots Cricket 97 Ashes Edition was the best. Its only problem that
they keys were not easy to use.
BLC in that respect changed cricket gameplay by using a simple keyboard configuration.
However bowling in BLC was a pain always.
Cricket 2002 improved keyconfiguration overall and added a few more tournaments, stadiums. But Cricket 2002 looks to be one project whose time estimates wenty awry and as such was a half baked product. However using the patches Cricket 2002 should turn out to be the best.

Without patches, BLC takes a thin edge over Cricket 97 ashes edition.

SO in fact we all must wait for a good relaistic cricket game [though programatically it must be a @##$$ task] and Cricket 2004 must do that. I havent yet got hold fo the game as of now.

sorry 2 disappoint u bro but C2k4 isnt much of a improvment over C2k2 in tersm of gameplay ... still sum bugs .. but the best edition to gameplay is edges

I know its a cricket 'sim' not a 'game but, the International Cricket Captain series was my favourite...very few bugs, and good depth. Only problem was lack of a player editor.

Originally posted by 0601731@Jan 26 2004, 12:49 AM
c2004 is better once u get the hang of the game.
were you not slagging off cricket 2004 when you got the game???

if so what has made your opinion change...curious as it won`t arrive in the uk for a while yet ;)

Users who are viewing this thread