• Billy Bowden

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Ian Howell

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

tech.007

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
this thread is to continuously monitor the favorite umpires in the game.....Please Vote...

oh right, didnt know that. Would be easier if his name was "Billy" in the poll, as thats the name most people recognise him by. He's the best umpire in world cricket though.

Nah, Simon Taufel is I reckon. But there isn't much separating the best and the other top International umpires. But the worse has to be Steve Davis. And why is there two Billy Doctroves?

I voted for Billy Bowden, but i should have voted Simon Taufel. They are close but he edges it for me.

Taufel by far and away is the best umpire in world cricket

Billy Bowden is not very good IMO, he makes a lot of incorrect decisions. Darrell Hair was the best until he was sacked, according to ICC umpire rankings he was 1st in correct decisions and 2nd overall (behind Taufel).

On top of that, his sheer determination to prevail over any form of cheating, whether he was right or not, will always have him a favourite of mine.

Oh yeah, I must say Darrel Hair. He was a great umpire as well. Where is he now? Umpiring Aus Domestic this season?

Oh yeah, I must say Darrel Hair. He was a great umpire as well. Where is he now? Umpiring Aus Domestic this season?
He lives in England at the moment, but he has done some associate (happy Andrew?) nation umpiring and I'm not sure whether he is currently doing any County umpiring.

I believe that he has so far declined offers of doing Aussie Domestic cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread