Best Difficulty level for Realistic Play.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So I've been playing it for the last 2 days on all difficulties. With easy after 5 overs I was on 150/0 and gave up, then I went straight to hard where I struggled to get wickets and batted for a small amount of time and it seemed easy enough. Finally I went to Normal where the bowling seems just right however keeping it economical is another story. Bowled the Windies out for 300 in a test but they did it in nearly 50 overs :(. The batting is pretty easy but my main concern is the fact that at the end of the first day West Indies had made 300 and I was on 200 odd, and surely enough the test was over the next day.

Now I want to be having tight ashes series where it'll go on to the 4th day or end of the 3rd day atleast but preferabley the final day.

If it helps I have the wii version which has been completely stripped down compared to the others :doh

Being someone who plays on Normal, I find this level to be the most realistic, however i've never played on Hard. This is because the AI batsman don't tend to attack all guns blazing from ball one, which from what i've read on these forums is what happens. During my Ashes series, i'm currently at stumps on Day 3, and i'm into the last innings of the game. I batted first on a good track, scored 450 from 105.2 overs. Then bowled Australia out for 370, after 60-something overs. Yes their run rate was high but i was still getting used to the bowling controls, at one point they were going at over 8 an over! So I used Swann and Panesar to tie them down. I cant remember what I scored in my 2nd innings, but i set them in the region of 570 to win. After 14 overs, on a deteriorating pitch, they are 34/3, with Flintoff and Anderson both getting one each, and a run out which occured as the batsman ran after i'd dropped one at cover, was like a real comedy moment.

I know this has sort of turned into a summary of my first test, but if you are prepared to play in the mindset of a test match, and not T20 mode, i find Normal to be just right. Others may disagree, but thats what I feel. Hope this helps :)

If it helps I have the wii version which has been completely stripped down compared to the others :doh

Its not exactly stripped down. The Wii version is a completely different game. Different engine, even a different developer.

Yeah, The Wii focuses on Gameplay rather than Graphics.

Yeah but it lacks loads of features the others have. Still decent scenario mode I'll give it that oh and cheers nicksy! :D

A Realistic Test Match

Ok, after two unrealistic test matches, and easy victories in the Ashes series i need help.

I need help to keep the scoring down, i need help to stop ai batsmen going into slog mode and getting themselves out an over later.

Use this thread for tints and hips (hints and tips) on how the above can be achieved, whether it be field placings, or bowling certain lines and lengths etc.

I've got realistic results when bowling (I hate batting, so autoplay anyway)

Play on EASY

This keeps the AI run rate sensible, and when they do start going mental in the middle overs, put your fields back and they don't tend to score at a stupid rate.. Now in order to get realistic scores I catch one out of every five attempts, and reload when the runout bug crops up..

It's sad that you have to do this in order to get realism, but if you do you end up with the most realistic scorecards i've seen from a cricket game.. Varied dismissals, decent ER, decent scores, shots all around the ground, no one type of bowler dominating.. ETC..

In the demo I found that putting every fielder on the boundary and bowling rank half-pitch balls with spinners would result them lofting it down the boundary fielder's throat every time. Is this exploit still in the game?

I find bowling outside offstump with fielders in close on the offside (gully, point, extra-point, cover, extracover, midoff and maybe a guy at deep cover) keeps the run rate down to about 4/5.

I've got realistic results when bowling (I hate batting, so autoplay anyway)

Play on EASY

This keeps the AI run rate sensible, and when they do start going mental in the middle overs, put your fields back and they don't tend to score at a stupid rate.. Now in order to get realistic scores I catch one out of every five attempts, and reload when the runout bug crops up..

It's sad that you have to do this in order to get realism, but if you do you end up with the most realistic scorecards i've seen from a cricket game.. Varied dismissals, decent ER, decent scores, shots all around the ground, no one type of bowler dominating.. ETC..

But does EASY still offer a challenge?

Users who are viewing this thread