Best.Game.Ever. (Really is this time!)

My tip is to always bring the bat back level with the top of the stumps. Then play it depending on where it pitches. If it's going to pitch in a half volley region then smash it for six or four. If it's shortish then it's also quite easy to get under it. A full toss is the hardest to get runs off, but once you get in the hang of it then it's quite easy to get decent runs out of it. Obviously you play the odd bad shot but there will be times when you don't lose your wicket for a while.

My tip is to always bring the bat back level with the top of the stumps. Then play it depending on where it pitches. If it's going to pitch in a half volley region then smash it for six or four. If it's shortish then it's also quite easy to get under it. A full toss is the hardest to get runs off, but once you get in the hang of it then it's quite easy to get decent runs out of it. Obviously you play the odd bad shot but there will be times when you don't lose your wicket for a while.

I find full tosses are the easiest to hit for 4's and 6's because I never hit the top zone with them. For short balls i block them then when they are hanging in the air at a half volley length I try smash them for a 4 or 6 lol.

Feelin Blue? added 3 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

YES! My first hundred, although it was real slow

105 runs at a strike rate of 2.5 for a score of 262 lol.

Treva's tip of getting the bat back to stump height really is the key.

Maybe if I was good I would have been able to take advantage of what happened to me yesterday. I somehow knocked the stumps over with my bat and as a result the ball couldn't hit the stumps anymore.

I have hit my own stumps down without realising it and I tried to do it again but I couldn't.

EDIT: New highest score of 312.

Last edited:
Held my patience and got this, i got near 600 earlier, but this is really yawning..

23hn0qx.jpg

EDIT: In great form!

Sad that the ball bounce unevenly and hit the 0 bar back off the stumps..

ambd52.jpg

:D..

Last edited:
Picture of my stumps randomly disappearing again...

Unfortunately, I couldn't take advantage of it. I let the ball go right past me when I was on 55.

If you look carefully, the bail is hanging in mid-air :p

Happened to me as well on 3-4 occasions. I dont really think it would make much of a difference, because if you happen to miss a ball, it will go to the out zone behind you.

If you look carefully, the bail is hanging in mid-air :p

Happened to me as well on 3-4 occasions. I dont really think it would make much of a difference, because if you happen to miss a ball, it will go to the out zone behind you.

Nah, the bails were only visible that one time. However, it does make it easier hitting runs behind the wicket if you do happen to miss the ball.

Yeah Sometimes it happens that the bail slowly starts to fall off, just like it got too drunk :p

That's a heaven when it happens, miss a ball, the ball goes back without having any contact with the 0 bar.

Users who are viewing this thread