AMA Best way to get to know me and for me to know you, ask away.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Somehow missed this thread, oops!

I've seen you mention football a few times around the forums- which team do you support?

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Somehow missed this thread, oops!
I think most have, I was on a football forum and it was a bit partizan and if you disagreed with someone you were trolled and bullied.
I've seen you mention football a few times around the forums- which team do you support?
I am an Arsenal fan and have always been one since a child, I was lucky enough to be at an appreciative age to witness the Invincible season and witnessed the final games of Highbury.. I have seen them play away many times and over in Europe.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
- How does it feel to be a female on a forum where the vast majority of members are male?

- A lot of people assume that teachers have it so easy...weekends off, holidays, etc. I know that's not true, but some people can think otherwise. How do you prepare for your classes during your "off" days?

- Along the same lines, what do you do if a student isn't performing to their expected potential?

- Ignore our collective terrible English, most of us aren't natural Brit speakers. But what really gets you annoyed? The "your vs. you're" thing comes up often, that much I know. As well as the overuse of the word "literally".

- Where is the one place in the UK that you haven't visited as yet but you'd really like to visit?

- Have you been to any countries outside of the UK? If so, where was you favourite place?

- This is a cricket forum for the most part. Do you like cricket? Be honest.

- You said you teach English. What's the funniest essay a student has ever written?

- You asked me some hard questions in my thread, so it's only fair that I hit you with one of my own. Brexit is a thing and it happened. Now that the trade agreements have to be changed and all that, what's your opinion on the whole situation?

We're generally really chill over here, don't sweat anything. Welcome to the forums once again.

(EDIT: Arsenal...ehh...Seaman was excellent for them during that invincible season...I always like underdogs though, and I'm not attached to any one particular team. I just like good football.)

Last edited:

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
- How does it feel to be a female on a forum where the vast majority of members are male?
Not fussed at all, spend a lot of time around the boys when at football, I may just have bigger balls than most of the men in the Northbank!!!! Waltham Forest is multi cultural so we have a lot of Indian and Pakistani boys in my school
- A lot of people assume that teachers have it so easy...weekends off, holidays, etc. I know that's not true, but some people can think otherwise. How do you prepare for your classes during your "off" days?
The staff generally share lesson plans and the curriculum has very limited room for any deviation. We do get days where we can research for subjects and prepare for lessons but usally we have a large resource database and I use my LSA's a lot to help me.
- Along the same lines, what do you do if a student isn't performing to their expected potential?
I usually have an LSA (learning support assistant) give them some 1-2-1 support or I will do it myself.
- Ignore our collective terrible English, most of us aren't natural Brit speakers. But what really gets you annoyed? The "your vs. you're" thing comes up often, that much I know. As well as the overuse of the word "literally".
Over use of contractions in a single sentence.
- Where is the one place in the UK that you haven't visited as yet but you'd really like to visit?
Birmingham and other like 'crap hole' cities.
- Have you been to any countries outside of the UK? If so, where was you favourite place?
Loads, Sri Lanka was a great place, I do like the Asian culture.
- This is a cricket forum for the most part. Do you like cricket? Be honest.
I do like cricket and in fact I am here because I want to run the school cricket team, I haven't been into for long but I am warming to it greatly.
- You said you teach English. What's the funniest essay a student has ever written?
Don't think I can really say it on a public forum? But sometimes, sexual fantasy takes over and I have read some 'stuff'
- You asked me some hard questions in my thread, so it's only fair that I hit you with one of my own. Brexit is a thing and it happened. Now that the trade agreements have to be changed and all that, what's your opinion on the whole situation?
I think we need to engage with the Commonwealth and make friends with our former colonial partners as equals and trade with them. There is huge potential with India and Pakistan, Australia, New Zealand and Canada as well as Japan. We need to see the potential in us to be a world power in terms of trade and what we can do to help the poorer parts of the world.
We're generally really chill over here, don't sweat anything. Welcome to the forums once again.
Thankyou.
(EDIT: Arsenal...ehh...Seaman was excellent for them during that invincible season...I always like underdogs though, and I'm not attached to any one particular team. I just like good football.)

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Not fussed at all, spend a lot of time around the boys when at football, I may just have bigger balls than most of the men in the Northbank!!!! Waltham Forest is multi cultural so we have a lot of Indian and Pakistani boys in my school

This I don't doubt! So do you consider yourself a sort of tomboy, or are you a girly-girl at heart?

Over use of contractions in a single sentence.

Well, that's one thing you won't find me doing too much, I shan't exactly do that, it's a bit weird whenever you'll read something that someone's posted and they're all only using the apostrophe like it's going out of style, I mean, what's the real purpose with them when they're posting, and you know something else...I'll really dislike whenever they'll post run-on sentences, it's soooo dumb. (Being facetious here!)

Loads, Sri Lanka was a great place, I do like the Asian culture.

Wow, that's pretty awesome. Furthest I've ever gone from home was England. Eight-plus hours on a flight and yet due to the time zones, landing in the early morning. I envy you for being so well-travelled!

I do like cricket and in fact I am here because I want to run the school cricket team, I haven't been into for long but I am warming to it greatly.

Excellent on you. As you said, you've got a good subcontinent representation in your school, so finding players won't be too difficult.

Don't think I can really say it on a public forum? But sometimes, sexual fantasy takes over and I have read some 'stuff'

My mother was an English and PE teacher for a few years. She once gave me some of her students' essays to read and help her grade, hence the question. Yes, I saw all sorts of things in those essays, including minor variations of what you mentioned.

I think we need to engage with the Commonwealth and make friends with our former colonial partners as equals and trade with them. There is huge potential with India and Pakistan, Australia, New Zealand and Canada as well as Japan. We need to see the potential in us to be a world power in terms of trade and what we can do to help the poorer parts of the world.

Vaccines! That's what the smaller Commonwealth countries desperately need right now.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
This I don't doubt! So do you consider yourself a sort of tomboy, or are you a girly-girl at heart?
When at Football and school I'm just a normal one of the crew types, many guys are not bothered if a girl is acting like one of them but away from both, I'm very girly.
Well, that's one thing you won't find me doing too much, I shan't exactly do that, it's a bit weird whenever you'll read something that someone's posted and they're all only using the apostrophe like it's going out of style, I mean, what's the real purpose with them when they're posting, and you know something else...I'll really dislike whenever they'll post run-on sentences, it's soooo dumb. (Being facetious here!)
I won't be pulling anyone up :cheers
Wow, that's pretty awesome. Furthest I've ever gone from home was England. Eight-plus hours on a flight and yet due to the time zones, landing in the early morning. I envy you for being so well-travelled!
I get decent holidays and travel when off as far and wide as possible.
Excellent on you. As you said, you've got a good subcontinent representation in your school, so finding players won't be too difficult.
The lads picked me as they say I'm fun and like to get involved, we have some cracking lads in out school.
My mother was an English and PE teacher for a few years. She once gave me some of her students' essays to read and help her grade, hence the question. Yes, I saw all sorts of things in those essays, including minor variations of what you mentioned.
A teenage boys mind is a bewilderment but a teenage girls mind is worse.
Vaccines! That's what the smaller Commonwealth countries desperately need right now.
Yes agree, we should be offering up to our brother nations.

Users who are viewing this thread