Best World Cup Performers

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
World Cup 2007

Batsmen: Ian Bell - 587 Runs @ 73.37
The one and only Ian Bell. Coming in at number 4 for the majority of games, Ian came and brought the attack to the bowlers. With a decent start to the world cup he scored 46 before getting run out against Canada. Although against New Zealand, he scored the same amount of runs as Kevin Pietersen and got out for 30. His world cup then came alive with a brilliant 90 against Kenya followed with a terrific 87 against Pakistan at the start of the Super Eight's. In a tight game against Australia, he yet again prevailed as the best batsmen in the team and scored 64. Disaster struck as England were faced to play Bangladesh, where he got bowled for a single run. True to form, he bounced back and hit a 47 against South Africa. One of his best innings of the world cup then came against India when he hit an unbeaten 31 off 12 balls to salvage a brilliant hard fought win. The next game was the only game he didn't bat in as we got 132 off 12 overs thanks to Strauss getting 78 off 40 odd balls. Time for the Quater Finals and would he crumble under the pressure? Of course he wouldn't as he hit an absolute sensational knock, 96*, against West Indies which guaranteed our place in the final against India. What a showman! He hit the high score in the final too as he got 95 before getting caught by Doni. He was now ranked the best ODI batsmen in the world.

1. Ian Bell(England) - 587 Runs @ 73.37
2. Kevin Pietersen(England) - 569 Runs @ 56.90
3. Nathan Astle(New Zealand) - 354 Runs @ 51.17

Bowler: Steven Harmison - 28 Wickets @ 14.21

On the bowling side of things and we had a surprise. Steven Harmison who only got into the side through luck as Panesar was injured, took full charge of the England side. His World Cup started well with 3-32 from 7 overs against Canada, but it's only Canada. He then got 3-32 again against New Zealand but this time from 10 overs, that is something special especially as they had the 3rd best batsmen at the World Cup. He then had a disastous time against Kenya as he got 3 wickets again, but for a hefty 51 runs. First game of the Super Eight's and he had a cracker, getting 4/26 of 8 overs against Pakistan, which was his second best bowling performance of the World Cup. 2-34 against Australia helped us to a win, but for ht efirst time this World Cup he didn't take the most wickets in the match for us. Flintoff did. Back to perfect bowling though as he got 3-30 against Bangladesh and totally destroyed them. His absolute worst innings was coming up next, against South Africa. He struggled to bowl and only got 1 wicket for 53 runs! The worst bowler on the day... He then bowled averagely against India, picking up the wickets of Sehwag for 6 and Tendulkar for 9, ending up with 2-47. Last game of the Super Eights and time for his best bowling of the World Cup. Gayle, Ganga, Lara and Smith were all dismissed as he went and got 4-22! The World Cup best. Semi Final was against West Indies again and again he prevailed, getting 3 wickets for 25 runs. Lara and Gayle again fell to him. A disappointing end to the season though for Steven as he failed to pick up a wicket in the final and finished with 0-45. Good thing other bowlers bowled well. He was now the 3rd best bowler in the world...

1. Stephen Harmison(England) - 28 wickets @ 14.21
2. Michael Munday(England) - 22 Wickets @ 17.91
3. Kashif Raza(Pakistan) - 18 Wickets @ 18.89

A truly rememberable World Cup, in which we won. So, has anyone ever had some players play so much better in the World Cup than everyone else? Who are your Best World Cup Performers?

Last edited:
I had Andrew Flintoff take 6-10 in a world cup final when I was against the wall with Sehwag smashing me round. They were 100 and something for 2 and then Freddie came in and just took them apart. That was a fantastic performance.

I've never had a decent series/WC by any batsman other than my top 3. Cook, Tres, KP and Bradshaw.

Lol thats four :p

Screenshot of Bradshaw?

Ah, yeh but Bradshaw replace Tres, though I didn't say that...

Edit: Sorry for screwing up page, for some reason I always have that huge white bit when I use screenshots on paint.

Attachments

• Bradshaw.JPG
    Bradshaw.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Go the the bottom left corner and find the little tiny square, drag it in and make it border your image

Bradshaw looks quality, with plenty of years ahead of him

He scored 4 hundreds in the series vs WIndies, his average has shot up by 7.

Edit: Found it, thanks to a google, I was trying to find something bigger than a pixel across! Thanks griff, had that problem for ages!

Last edited:
It was bottom right corner but all the same.... you cant tell ive been sick...

Users who are viewing this thread