Big Ant Studios post first look at Cricket game

Since announcing a little under two years ago that they would be developing a cricket game, and a few release dates passing without any news, Big Ant Studios have posted on their Facebook page a screenshot of their upcoming Cricket title.

Big Ant are releasing an update to Rugby League Live this Thursday in Australia, perhaps turning their focus towards Cricket. Previously the game was slated for a Summer 2011 release, but no news yet on an updated release period.

Big Ant are cross-town rivals to Ashes Cricket 2013 developer Trickstar, with both companies headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. PlanetCricket will update you with news as it comes to hand.

Thanks to Zaxotes for the tip!

Article by Matt Whitehorn - Read More...

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Big Ant's 'Cricket like never before'.

Big Ant Studios updated their cover photo on facebook with-

30441041012266570888319.jpg

Now, is this a sign of an other new game to come soon?

Gurjot95

National Board President
I hope it won't follow the trend of general cricket games which after releasing a screenshot and raising the hopes of fan were never seen again (Trine Cricket, Cricket Life, TAOC??)

Akul

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Looks promising. But, I expect something different from them. :p

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
looks good, good detail and i thought this would happen.
Bigant i bet have been working real hard at this cricket game for
a long time and i hope the game is good with lots to do, i bet they
have been watching the ashes 2013 details and now went to number
one with a screenshot, i hope ashes 2013 show us something soon.
The engine looks like the rugby and afl game, also it's a test match shot.
Maybe we will have 2 cricket games to pick from next year sometime.
I will buy both guys :D

Gurjot95

National Board President
Actually they announced earlier that they would post news about cricket game after releasing Rugby League Live 2 i.e after October 11 so expect a lot of it after that date.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
we should see a trailer soon if i am right what a 2013 it is going to be!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Looks real good, that screen. The WK and slip fielder expressions as well as the look of the slog sweep.

Lee1981

International Coach
So we have one picture and now people are saying it looks good/promising, do me a favour, :facepalm

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I think most people are saying the graphics look good for a cricket game.
About the same as ashes 2009, still we need to see a lot more.
Soon i hope.:D

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Doesn't look that great to be honest. This thing has been "in development" for so long it's clearly been on the back-burner. The pads in that screenshot look all wrong, as do the bizzare looking keeper gloves, what are they, mittens? Helmet looks like a horse-riding cap, it's just all wrong.

100852d1349783403-big-ant-studios-post-first-look-cricket-game-wrong.jpg

...shirt sleeves are too long, it's not the 80's and the collars look like something Travolta would wear in Grease. Colour me utterly unimpressed.

It's also (pretty obviously) Photoshopped. I doubt that's a genuine in-game image. That crowd background for a start has been "placed" behind the player animations...

Attachments

• Wrong.jpg
    Wrong.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 2,003
Last edited:

badvintage

International Cricketer
Doesn't look that great to be honest. This thing has been "in development" for so long it's clearly been on the back-burner. The pads in that screenshot look all wrong, as do the bizzare looking keeper gloves, what are they, mittens? Helmet looks like a horse-riding cap, it's just all wrong.

...shirt sleeves are too long, it's not the 80's and the collars look like something Travolta would wear in Grease. Colour me utterly unimpressed.

It's also (pretty obviously) Photoshopped. I doubt that's a genuine in-game image. That crowd background for a start has been "placed" behind the player animations...

Haha yeah I think it is photoshopped too but we got to wait and see the gameplay of the game. It might turn out great.

Users who are viewing this thread