Big Bash League

Who has the lamest name?

• Total voters

Doodlesweaver

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I watched most of this tournament because of the Warne/Hogg/MacGill factor and how there was nothing else on TV, but I would much rather have the regular state teams playing.

I think it's better for cricket as a whole to have state teams playing who are still focusing on developing national cricketers instead of playing strictly their best XI. Would much rather have seen Tom Beaton play the season than Paul Collingwood for eg. Also with state based teams it allows them to pluck guys from grade cricket/nowhere to play. Last season due to T20's we found two international players from nowhere, but this season all the players are signed up in advance and you don't get that freedom to promote a bloke like Cummins was last season.

I just hope that they don't expand next season. 10 teams would be a terrible, terrible idea.

Well it would be if they just stick to the capital cities. They shouldn't have had 2 Melbourne and Sydney teams at all. But the tournament is about making money, it's not about developing cricketers.

Scorchers certainly took that attitude, they had something like 2 players under the age of 27 and most of the team was over 30. Mitch Marsh - for all his presence and ability - looked like a freak out there.

Users who are viewing this thread