Birmingham v Chelsea

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just wanted to congratulate my team, Birmingham on a great result last night. We are the first team to stop Chelsea from scoring this season :cool:

Even though we never looked like scoring (as Forssell was barred from playing against his owners :( ), the result shows we have come a long way since last season where Chelsea beat us 3-0 and 3-1

Now bring on the Villa (and Alpay ;) )

jonah

International Coach
Yep, good result for the Blues, Phil (B'ham I mean!). Chelsea still go top though.
You're not going to the Villa game? If you do, give Mr Alpay my regards;) ...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
No Mike I am not going to the match - I coudn't get tickets :(

However, Alpay is not playing, and he has also u-turned over his version of the Beckham incident - he how claims Beckham spat at him first which provoked him into retaliating :confused:

Putting my red white and blue specs on I know who I believe ;)

jonah

International Coach
Lol.
Now the dust has settled a bit, do you think there's been a bit of an over-reaction to all this? I mean, he did no worse really than Keown etc with van Nistelrooy (although don't get me wrong, it's well out of order mocking someone over a penalty miss, especially as it looked a geniune penalty). The business of him saying something about Beckhams mum; that must go on all the time in football. I used to know a guy who played for Palace reserves, and he told me once that some of the things that go on/are said out on the pitch are unreal.
Admittedly, it looks as though something of a racial bias was said in the tunnel, going by the reaction of Cole and Heskey, and that is bang out of order. No need for that anywhere.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Again putting my red white and blue specs on, no I don't think it has been blown out of all proportion. Deport him on the next boat out of England with no crew and with the boat heading towards the North Pole :D

Seriously, it probably has been blown out of proportion, but only a bit mind. I think the reason for the extended forore is

1) Alpay picked on the nations favourite superstar at present
2) It was an international match (as opposed to Keown doing something similar in a league match) International games affects the whole country as opposed to league games that only really affect the fans concerned.
3) Alpay acted a **** in the reverse fixture at Sunderland which didn't endear him to the Englsih fans anyway.
4) The Villa fans have been spilt over him anyway. and this latest incident has unified them in wanting him out.

For me personally the fact he plays for the Villa means he should go....NOW !! :p

jonah

International Coach
Yeah, fair enough, when you put it like that...
I agree the guy is an arse, and I can't see him playing over here for much longer. Should be interesting if Turkey get to the finals (they should do), and we're drawn against them:eek: ...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Yeah was I was thinking about that - Turkey most likely will qualify, and if they were paired in England's group :eek:

What would UEFA do - crap themselves probably. They would be trouble for sure, the result being both teams being booted out of the finals. Let's pray it doesn't happen

Users who are viewing this thread