blc, c2005 rants

sonic

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i think both are pretty lame games having now played them both. blc runs much too fast to keep up with, whilst c2005 is just sluggish as hell. i dont think ive managed a boundary yet using either a backfoot or frontfoot shot in c2005 which is very disappointing - the ball never seems to go much further than outside the inner ring this way, the only way is to use the slog button which just looks ugly quite frankly. even if you use added power you're more than likely to end up down a fielders throat, but thats not the only frustrating thing im finding. aswell as this, i find quite often that when i got play a sweep shot the batsman plays something other than the one i aimed at and it just makes the whole experience totaly underwhelming. bowling isnt much better either, though it is a little more satisfying. spin bowlers just seem to get hit for six far too much no matter where you pitch up (especially with ODI's) and the only way to keep the scores down is to field a team up with fast/medium pacers and bowling lots of inswingers and off cutters. nice to see they've sorted the yorker problem out..yeah, nice one...almost every yorker gets tonked out of the ground...very realistic. with blc the most frustrating thing is batting...bowling is a joy, though actually i'd say its too easy cos ive managed to bowl teams out for under 50...it seems blc has inherited EA sports' bad that full deliverys get the batsmen out far too often! batting can indeed be fun though the shot timing is a little unforgiving i think. but it is a shame that you can't change the camera angle, it seems a little far off to me...and of course, where is the autoplay in blc?! the AI is abosutely crap at batting, i've never seen such shoddy run taking - or lack of. there's numerous times in blc where the computer will hit a shot to a fielder on the boundary and still not take a single! this is ludicrous! the computer teams scores at such a snails pace it really is quite boring, and they dont seem to take many risks at all. all in all im disappointed with both of these titles...and don't get me started on the commentary either...or the annoying bug where a duck goes across the screen when i've been bowled out for....65...!! at the end of the day though its a big fat quack quack to both codemasters and ea sports for me. im really disappointed that cricket games still need people to come in and 'patch' it to make it fair game.

Interesting reveiw. I wouldn't agree with you but I'm no fanboy of either games.

Mahesh Babu said:
This is a correct review
both the games suck
c2005- boring
blic - fun
Oh stfu
or fck off back to blic forums, fed up reading the same one liner out of u
:mad

Mahesh Babu said:
This is a correct review
both the games suck
c2005- boring
blic - fun

Both games suck yet BLIC is fun???

A sucky type of fun??

waugh machine said:
Both games suck yet BLIC is fun???

A sucky type of fun??
:mad
I agree that BLIC AI is horrible.But if its patched then it will be bst cricket game

Although I don't quite agree with your EA Cricket 2005 review ( do agree with some of BLIC though ), thanks for the feedback. You had some interesting feedback.
Now, on to mastering my EA cricket 2005 bowling .....

ive played c2005 and it is boring as fcuk. it takes forever for anything to happen and half the shots and "special balls" do nothing. from what i hear blic is easier so must be at least less boring.

Cricket 2005 is a simulation, BLIC is an arcade game.

The game you prefer will defend on the type of game you prefer.

Simple as.

angryangy said:
ive played c2005 and it is boring as fcuk. it takes forever for anything to happen and half the shots and "special balls" do nothing. from what i hear blic is easier so must be at least less boring.
Yes if the AI in BLIC 2005 is patched then it will become a more realistic game.I can't understand why the developers released a game with so many flaws in the game.Atleast they should have produced a patch by now.:mad

One thing is for sure BLIC 2005 is much more playable than **** boring c2005

Its funny reading some posts on both the blic forum and the cric 2005 forum as the conviction and tribalism leads me to think that there are many ea and codies employees posting on this site - calm down people, its not your game and you don't gain anything from increased sales (unless you are an employee of one of the companies).

people keep saying c2005 is a simulation, blic is an arcade game. its like its some kind of mantra to make it ok to play a game which you're not actually enjoying.

c2005 is clearly not simulating cricket. things actually happen in cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread