BLC V Cricket 2005

BLC v Cricket 2005

• BLC

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Cricket 2005

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well since you already knew about the no advance shot or foot selection, how would the BLC demo dissapointed you? i can only think of the slower ball issues

it is a very fun game, ive already had hours of fun wid it.

the batting is much better den C2K5 batting but ill have another lil tinker with C2K5 now

squiz said:
Well after playing both demos I say both are pretty ordinary. Cricket 2005 wasn't really built up to anything, and it delivered what was expected of it. Brian Lara International Cricket was built up as the best thing since sliced bread, and it was just pretty crappy IMO

although i wouldnt say its crappy but its not what i expected

I've played a few more matches in BLIC and I haven't been able to dismiss the opposition out for cheap scores, infact I havent dismissed the opposition at all yet, which is good, because this is only medium, hard should take a while to get used to. Batting is a problem though, I'm still managing to get 60+ scores for not very much wickets, but like i said before it's only medium and hopefully those scores will be much, much less on hard

and everyone saying that blic's a.i will be great...........well its not so great.............i scored52 in my 6 overs and the ai scored only 37 runs,it didnt even try to go for the win.

against the windies, they were struggling after some good bowling my lee and mcgrath but lara came in and smacked hogg for loike 30 off an over. i only just scraped home.

also anyone noticed how every now and then (well ive only seen it once) a popup showing the fastest deliveries of the day pops up?

good lil feature but bad thing is most of em were spinners cos pace bowlers just dont bowl....pace

whiteninness said:
we aint biased, we just think that brian lara cricket is better and our opinions are justified

mate that comment in itself is biased, as if you can justify that its better.

Will people wake up and realize that its just a demo, you can justify that its better when the full thing is released

rickyp said:
mate that comment in itself is biased, as if you can justify that its better.

Will people wake up and realize that its just a demo, you can justify that its better when the full thing is released
but i can easily justify that BLC is better then C2K5 based on the demos and since thats all we have atm, thats all i can base it on

Im a bit tired of people bashing Cricket 2005 before playing it too. Sure cricket 2004 was crap but the new version is so much better, give it a shot and btw BLC is nothing to write home about.

Amazes me how people get so tetchy about the games! I am quite happy though to see people who have been bashing Cricket 2005 without even having played it ending up with egg on their faces though... Dare we say it, have EA released something that can do more than just "compete"?

I loved the original BLC, I've been playing cricket games since 1996, having played both demos I think BLC may have been beaten (okay a few bugs, obviously from EA lol).. But there's only one game I'll be getting as soon as it comes out..

What is the best is that for the first time ever, there is a bit of healthy competition!

if BLC had autoplay and foot selection noone would even consider EAs game. autoplay is replaced by good bowling and fielding while foot selection, once you get into the game you forget about and just get on with the game.

after playing BLC demo all day den playin the C2K5 demo for a bit it hit me just how slow and boring the C2K5 demo was. the bowler who looks like a rugby player comes in, bowls it
and the batsman suddenly goes from his batting stance to his shot without any frames inbetween unlike in BLC where the transition is very smooth. the ball is then hit to the same place as it always is with that shot, fielder runs like an idiot, gets it, picks it up, throws it while facing the other way.

some ppl may say BLC is arcadish but it just skips all dat crap that EA has inbetween balls. it does have some nice cutscenes, which you can skip and it does the job well.

while cricket 2005 may seem good at first i reckon it will become boring.

but hey im gunna be gettin the game in a few days so im willing to be prooven wrong but based on first impressions, EAs track record and my gut instinct tell me it wont be a great game

0601731 said:
mate we cant select between the frontfoot and the backfoot shots which has totally eliminated shots like the late cut and the sweep.
and also the slower bowlsthe computer bowls are way too slow than they are in reality.

lol, mate- have u even played the demo??!!! iv played the late cut -it gets twitchy on analogue ps2 controls but its reel good fun - county level difficulty's boring - so play it multiplayer ;) :) but it luks reel good. guys, i also need a bit of advice - iv gt a bit of cash to spare - so is cric. 2005 reely worth it- its "sim-like" so im REELY lukin forward 2 that as well as BLIC. cheerz

sdb4884 said:
Im a bit tired of people bashing Cricket 2005 before playing it too. Sure cricket 2004 was crap but the new version is so much better, give it a shot and btw BLC is nothing to write home about.
But we have played it. Even though it was just a 3 over demo it was painstakingly poor. It was horribly slow, same old field placings, same old ai (none!) and a few new shot animations. Oh and new rugby graphics and player models, woopy :rolleyes: lets dance naked in the rain.

I'd give both a 70. its like comparing a bowler to a batsman-you can't compare them. They are in different leagues.
BLIC is like a new batsman-seems to good to be true and it is, with no county or domestic teams, fake names, and a few hinderances in batting and bowling, but it is still good with nice graphics, new game modes and fun bowling.
EA is like an experienced average bowler-keeps delivering but not satisfactorily. Lot of bugs and crappy AI, but the Patchers are always to the fore to help fix it up. It has large amounts of game modes and can be played for a long time, but seems virtually unplayable at times.
Like some players are batsmen and some are bowlers, some here like EA and some like BLIC. Lets leave it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread