Blic Bowling speed

Allrounder18

Banned
Did any one notice the difference b/w the Blic 07 and Blic 05 bowling speed I know that Blic 05 had still slow bowling speed but what about Blic 07 its terrible its look like the bowler is throwing the bowl under arm ,and the mini of slip catching makes the action suddenly slow down too much nothing looks like cricket match going ,any one played the cricket 2007 patched version will not accept the Blic 07 bowling speed and the action stopper slip catch mini game ,Cmon codies we had enough played those mini game on the internet nothing proves to put it in the game ,the other bad thing about this mini game which put us in to chores is the usage of 3 button ,one for catching one for keepers throw and one for bowlers throw this could be reduce to 2 button and slip catch could be taken if we press any of the keepers throw or bowlers throw button this will relief the extra pain of mind.
One thing I would like to mention that is it possible to increase the bowing speed by modding because that slow pace is result in extravagent movement off the pitch which seems unrealistic compare to its precedors .
The one thing which I like the most in the last version is the good pace of lee and Akhtar which induced me to keep on my toes ,but in this game lee fastest speed look like a faster one from spinner of EA cricket 2007.

it has been mentioned before. some one said it happens because we are playing on easy level. as the level gets harder there will be more speed.

Hey if they don't have improved speed i won't be buying this game for sure( how can u bowl such loopy slow balls pathetic)

lazy_chesnut said:
Then slip catches will probably be slowed down. Some people have no problem solving skills....

I think the slip catches are too slow to look good and too fast to catch!

I've managed to take a slip catch. When playing against the AI I feel that not being able to take slip catches on a regular basis is ok as it will give the AI a chance of a decent score.

I'd rather drop 6 or 7 slip catches in a 50 over match and have the AI make 300 than take all the slip catches and get them out for 50 odd.

Kev said:
I'd rather drop 6 or 7 slip catches in a 50 over match and have the AI make 300 than take all the slip catches and get them out for 50 odd.

I'd rather drop 1 or 2 and have them make 250/300...

Nah, dropping more is preferable, take C07. On 5 star you hardly ever get slip catches on 5 star, so much so that its pretty pointless having slip fielders (the only reason to have them is so you have less outfielders and as such the AI can actually score runs). So I'd rather have the chance of making a catch but not taking it than not having the chance at all.

Kev said:
Nah, dropping more is preferable, take C07. On 5 star you hardly ever get slip catches on 5 star, so much so that its pretty pointless having slip fielders (the only reason to have them is so you have less outfielders and as such the AI can actually score runs). So I'd rather have the chance of making a catch but not taking it than not having the chance at all.

That's a very good point well made, Kev. As long as you get the right number of catches/chances in a game so that there is a point to having slips in place it's a good thing. However it would be bad news if it went too far the other way and you just put loads of slips in because you get loads of edges.

It's all about getting the balance right, which is why I hope they have done enough in terms of balancing things like this in the game. And seeing as we can't edit the AI, it's gonna have to be good.

lazy_chesnut said:
That's a very good point well made, Kev. As long as you get the right number of catches/chances in a game so that there is a point to having slips in place it's a good thing. However it would be bad news if it went too far the other way and you just put loads of slips in because you get loads of edges.

It's all about getting the balance right, which is why I hope they have done enough in terms of balancing things like this in the game. And seeing as we can't edit the AI, it's gonna have to be good.
Point well made

In my opinion, the slip catches should be automatic, and the game engine designed so that edges to the slip region are proportionate to conditions, timing of shot etc

Whether a slip catch is caught should be dependant on how easy the catch is, the catching ability of fielder etc. This balance has never come close to being achieved in any cricket game I have ever played in over 20 years

Its either edge every other delivery or no edges at all etc

zimrahil said:
Point well made

In my opinion, the slip catches should be automatic, and the game engine designed so that edges to the slip region are proportionate to conditions, timing of shot etc

Whether a slip catch is caught should be dependant on how easy the catch is, the catching ability of fielder etc. This balance has never come close to being achieved in any cricket game I have ever played in over 20 years

Its either edge every other delivery or no edges at all etc

Spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread