BLIC Full Version - Views, Opinions and Reviews

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned

TheRocksta

School Cricketer
Well, I'll probably re-edit this post after I've had a good evening of BLIC tonight. My first impressions this morning (never played the demo) were a little mixed. It was the little touches that don't exactly spoil the experience, but take the shine off it. Obviously the inaccurate player names is a biggie. This of course can be corrected via the Edit function, but it's a big task that could take some time.

The bowling had me worried at first, not the speed, but the variety. (I have it on xbox) I didn't read the manual (I'm an impatient so and so) and went straight into a 10 over ODI. It was after a while I realised you use the A button to start the run up and A B X Y buttons for the variety of delivery. When the confidence meter hits maximum you can use either the black button for yorker, or the clear button for bouncer. While the ball is in flight you can swerve it in whichever direction you choose by using the L and R trigger buttons at the back of the pad.

I've raised the issue aleady in various other threads about the CPU batters swinging at every single delivery, which is a little unrealistic.

Josha1210

School Cricketer
Well, I'll probably re-edit this post after I've had a good evening of BLIC tonight. My first impressions this morning (never played the demo) were a little mixed. It was the little touches that don't exactly spoil the experience, but take the shine off it. Obviously the inaccurate player names is a biggie. This of course can be corrected via the Edit function, but it's a big task that could take some time.

The bowling had me worried at first, not the speed, but the variety. (I have it on xbox) I didn't read the manual (I'm an impatient so and so) and went straight into a 10 over ODI. It was after a while I realised you use the A button to start the run up and A B X Y buttons for the variety of delivery. When the confidence meter hits maximum you can use either the black button for yorker, or the clear button for bouncer. While the ball is in flight you can swerve it in whichever direction you choose by using the L and R trigger buttons at the back of the pad.

I've raised the issue aleady in various other threads about the CPU batters swinging at every single delivery, which is a little unrealistic.

Well in a 10 over slog the batsman would swing at every delivery..

Play a 50 over match or a Test Match and although the batsmen never leave the ball (which is a HUGE letdown for me) they will play a bit more devensive in the start of their innings

tomnut

School Cricketer
hey can anyone who has played both proper games please tell me which one they would advise me (who has never owned a cricket game before) to buy and not to base there decision because they dont like EA i would like a honest answer since i have never owned a cricket game before so this would be my first one and want it to be the most realistic i.e. batting, fielding and bowling. i aint bothered about commentary .

thansk people

steppie

Club Cricketer
can anyone who has the game pls pls ps confirm how many players to choose from in exibition modes ,world tour etc.....is it 16 or 20????the players who played icc champions trphy are also in exibition matches with fake names??

StormySteve

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
tomnut said:
hey can anyone who has played both proper games please tell me which one they would advise me (who has never owned a cricket game before) to buy and not to base there decision because they dont like EA i would like a honest answer since i have never owned a cricket game before so this would be my first one and want it to be the most realistic i.e. batting, fielding and bowling. i aint bothered about commentary .

thansk people

BRIAN LARA v CRICKET 2005
=====================

The first question is what do you want in a cricket game ??? If it's realism, plenty of teams including International, English County and Australian State sides with the ability to change and manage squads, tournaments and tours etc, stats, graphs and with a challenge.....Cricket 2005

If you're happy with just International teams with little or no stats only scorecards and bowling figures and very easy and arcadey....Brian Lara

Both have their good points and both have their bad points especially Cricket 2005....

Cricket 2005 - Ups Very authentic, loads of options, stats and teams, full editing facilities and better graphics than BLIC.
Downs Some annoying bugs (although if you get the PC version there maybe a patch from EA but don't hold your breath failing that some third party patches from the community here in time), can be too hard at times and the lack of a save feature in the XBOX version.

Brian Lara - Ups Easy to get into and play, no bugs yet!!! and smooth.
Downs Fake names in non ICC squads which you can edit with the rather limited editor :mad: , very few stats, arcadey repetitive commentary some actually appeared in the original BLC :mad:

My Opinion - Go for Cricket 2005 and wait for patches, there will be some in time.... ;)

Steve S.

tomnut

School Cricketer
suppose icant find the perfect cricket game yet. since i want realism i would really like county teams i.e. lancashire, but i want it for XBOXand the save feature aint to good so not to happy about that and i want to play easy like brian lara as ppl have said it is easy to play. not to sure at the moment which one im gunna get i think i might go for cricket 2005 mainly for graphics and county teams and real names

cheers tom

just thought if i was EA or Codies and trying to make a cricket game i would have prefered to ask what the people who liked cricket wanted in the game. does anyone else think thats what they should have done before they created a cricket game and maybe what they should do in the future?

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
SteveS3667 said:
BRIAN LARA v CRICKET 2005
=====================

The first question is what do you want in a cricket game ??? If it's realism, plenty of teams including International, English County and Australian State sides with the ability to change and manage squads, tournaments and tours etc, stats, graphs and with a challenge.....Cricket 2005

If you're happy with just International teams with little or no stats only scorecards and bowling figures and very easy and arcadey....Brian Lara

Both have their good points and both have their bad points especially Cricket 2005....

Cricket 2005 - Ups Very authentic, loads of options, stats and teams, full editing facilities and better graphics than BLIC.
Downs Some annoying bugs (although if you get the PC version there maybe a patch from EA but don't hold your breath failing that some third party patches from the community here in time), can be too hard at times and the lack of a save feature in the XBOX version.

Brian Lara - Ups Easy to get into and play, no bugs yet!!! and smooth.
Downs Fake names in non ICC squads which you can edit with the rather limited editor :mad: , very few stats, arcadey repetitive commentary some actually appeared in the original BLC :mad:

My Opinion - Go for Cricket 2005 and wait for patches, there will be some in time.... ;)

Steve S.
I played Cricket2005 and it deserves very bad words from me especially for the commentary.Your review seems to be 100% biased towards Cricket2005 though u said it has many bugs.And this is not a cricket 2005 Vs BLIC 2005 thread!
Man just post your review on BLIC 2005.

tomnut

School Cricketer
does anyone think cricket 2005 is the better of the 2 cricket games to buy for someone who has never owned a cricket game before? and wants some realisim in the game

fanirama

Club Captain
Mahesh Babu said:
I played Cricket2005 and it deserves very bad words from me especially for the commentary.Your review seems to be 100% biased towards Cricket2005 though u said it has many bugs.And this is not a cricket 2005 Vs BLIC 2005 thread!
Man just post your review on BLIC 2005.

Open your eyes and read man. Stop being so negative all the time.
tomnut ( post # 6 ) specifically mentioned someone who's played both proper games to give him an opinion and steve has a valid post.

btw, I would also recommend EA Cricket 2005. This game is definitely THE cricket game this year

Big_D

School Cricketer
tomnut said:
does anyone think cricket 2005 is the better of the 2 cricket games to buy for someone who has never owned a cricket game before? and wants some realisim in the game

Speaking from experience, there is nothing worse then spending your hard earned cash on a game you don't like. Whilst other peoples opinions can help, your the one who has to part with the money.

Have you downloaded the demos? If you look on this forum you can find ways of expanding them, it won't be like the full games but it will give you some sort of idea of how they play. Failing that you could try renting them both, then get the one you prefer.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Josha1210 said:
Well in a 10 over slog the batsman would swing at every delivery..

Play a 50 over match or a Test Match and although the batsmen never leave the ball (which is a HUGE letdown for me) they will play a bit more devensive in the start of their innings
What we really wanted from all the cricket games was that the CPU will bat according to the batsman's natural ability and instinct. What I mean is that if for example Gilchrist and Katich open the innings for Aus. Katich will play defensively till he reaches 20-30 but Gilchrist will start to balze away from the begining. If this happens then bowling would be real fun as you know that if you bowl short or too full to Gilchrist with only two fielders in circle you will be punished but you can bowl these deliveries to Katich possibly to get him out. CPU batting should depend on batting attributes. AI should be built around the batsman's style, nature and aggresiveness.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
tomnut said:

Cricket 2005 is more for the realism, and since you have never brought a cricket game you probably would like cricket 05. You wouldn't be bored of hearing the same commetary as this is your first time and you wouldn't be sick of the EA bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread