BLIC - Report any bugs here

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Please report any bugs you have found in BLIC in this thread. Try and give as much detail as possible on the bug.

Ste

Edit: bugs identified so far

fielders always throw to wicket keeper
ball goes through pads on occasion
bowler always tries to field
fielders going for same ball and bumping into each other
only bowler appeals for lbw
run given after bouncer is bowled
lack of support for >10 button gamepads
players circling round ball
bowling speeds much too low on average
no balls always at low speed

thecricketfan

Club Cricketer
I have had a bug (may not be a bug)! Its happened twice were the bowler ends up chasing a long drive for 4 and keep running until he gets the ball. If it goes past the boundry he stops running and doesnt give the fielders a chance, which is quite funny. It happened twice on both occasions it was england and harmisson.

Also the fielders never throw the ball at the bowlers side its always seems to go to the wicket keeper.

S_Harmison

International Cricketer
i also notice that the abll is thrown always to the keeper and he takes the stumps of even when the batsmen are well in.

nitehawk

School Cricketer
S_Harmison said:
i also notice that the abll is thrown always to the keeper and he takes the stumps of even when the batsmen are well in.

phewww.. i am glad the bug-list thread is only 2posts long....
i was a bit nervous opening the page :)

irottev

School Cricketer
S_Harmison said:

That isn't a bug.

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
thecricketfan said:
I have had a bug (may not be a bug)! Its happened twice were the bowler ends up chasing a long drive for 4 and keep running until he gets the ball. If it goes past the boundry he stops running and doesnt give the fielders a chance, which is quite funny. It happened twice on both occasions it was england and harmisson.

Also the fielders never throw the ball at the bowlers side its always seems to go to the wicket keeper.
It could be because of the reason that bowler is given fielder's captures.So he acts as a fielder who chases the ball.ANd also So the fieder's will throw to keeper's end only.
As we know that developers already left codemasters ,we can't expect them to fix bugs.So Who can patch it when the PC game is released?

Last edited:

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
though i havent played it when the bowler finishes adelivery and turns back to his runup players in the background arent visible .
i saw this in the videos , even if it is still there it dosent affect the gameplay

Nads

School Cricketer
OK ive played the game for hours now and i made a list of the things which i thought could be fixed as the problems maybe small but they do affect the game overall! Here goes:

Firstly the ball went through my legs[pads] twice and onto the wicket, i check the replays closely and there wasnt any edge of the pads it wen straight through them 2 times so far!

The bowler always seems to run after the ball no matter how far away it was! like a fielder would do!

There always seems to be 2 players running after the ball in fielding and sometimes bumping into each other!

When the ball hits the pads the sound is of the ball hitting the wicket or bat!

The whole team doesnt appeal for LBWs only the bowler does!althought it looks very good! but there isnt enough noise to put the umpire under pressure!

No balls are not working! i stepped over the line loads of times while bowling and only got no balls a few times but not every!

Wides are not done correctly either, sometimes the wides in the ODI match are only wides as if it was a test match! Need a shorter area of where to bowl as the batsman cannot move that much to left and right!

Also wen you bowl a bouncer, the umpire signals a ONE FOR THE OVER but also a run is given to the batting side as if it was a NO BALL!

The umpire doesnt signal a no ball for a high full toss although the run is given!

When the ball is hit for a 6 the camera doesnt show the ball cross the boundary! wen its up in the air the camera just goes back to umpire! this way you cannot tell how far the six u hit went!

That was all the problems that i found! Im still testing the game for u lot and trying to find any other small problems which should be solved in Beta testing phase!
The problems are pretty small and dont make that much difference to the overall game! because the game is soo good and fun to play anyway!
But these bugs do need to be sorted for the game to be finished in a polished state!

You are very close to getting a perfectly fun cricket game and im just trying to help for u to achieve that status! :D

Asjad

Club Cricketer
The bugs you listed, some are indeed serious and not small, for instance the wide ball issue, the ball going through the pad, only bowler appealing, limited team celebration, the no-ball issue and camera faults.

Uh oh someone better tell codemasters about these, iam beggining to feel like both cricket games this year are going to be real buggy, but overall brian lara has less bugs then Ea cricket at least and looks more enjoyable.

Nads

School Cricketer
im sure that these things like the no ball is only in demo! thats why they have one extra month to fix everything!

but not sure about wides, i dont think that will be fixed as they have used the test match rule for wides in all the matches! maybe im wrong though!

International Coach
their was a problem with wides even with the last version of blc.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Nads said:
im sure that these things like the no ball is only in demo! thats why they have one extra month to fix everything!

but not sure about wides, i dont think that will be fixed as they have used the test match rule for wides in all the matches! maybe im wrong though!

Nothing will change, RG has said the demo is based on the final code. Everything you see in the demo will be in the game.

aprofromindia

Club Cricketer
kmk1284 said:
though i havent played it when the bowler finishes adelivery and turns back to his runup players in the background arent visible .
i saw this in the videos , even if it is still there it dosent affect the gameplay

This is cause of the fact that that's a cutscene, not in-game animation; something I think they should change for in the next version.

nails

Club Cricketer
unfortunately the ball went THRU my leg too strangely?????? oh well the game looks very poor indeed anyway, ill wait another year i guess lol

Users who are viewing this thread