Bowling Guide (picture required?)

MJKEGGEN

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
For starters and for background, I am playing using Tutsi's 2.0 patch on Normal mode.

I'm getting better and better at batting and for some reason bowling in test matches I can manage, sometimes takes longer than I want to bowl out a team tho!

Anyways I'm really struggling to bowl in one day games, the CPU seems intent on hitting every other ball for 6 and when it doesn't make 6 it makes 4!! This has just happen whilst I was playing Namibia - they shouldn't be doing that against dear old England!!

I guess its my choice of line and length and I am wondering if anyone has a screenshot of the game pitch showing a good line and length to bowl in ODI? I've had a look through the forums and not found anything of help.

Just so you know I do try to vary my line and length a lot, but they still slog me - damn them.

Should i not vary it so much and bowl more consistant line and throw in the occasional variation?

Any help would really be appreciated - and i'll buy you a virtual beer!!

ODI bowling is very frustrating, but it requires patience, and an excellent line. I usually aim for middle stump, using the odd change of pace or differing types of ball (off cutter, in swinger etc.) If a batsman gets in though, use the odd yorker, try aiming at all 3 stumps, and vary the speed from top speed, all the way to no speed at all.

Hope that helps.

Such a difficult question to answer - it depends on the pacing files you are using. every patch maker uses their own cpu pacing files so the answer varies from patch to patch.

E.g a patch with aggressive cpu pacing will result in cpu frequently playing attacking shots to your bowling, and a defensive cpu pacing file results in less attacking play from cpu regardless of your bowling

As a general help, the bowling cursor always starts from the same place, so just press up slightly on your gamepad and move the cursor slightly left for right handed batsman and slightly right for left handed batsman. This is generally a good line and length and should result in less attacking shots.

Good luck

Thanks (both of ya) for you advice - will give it a go tonight

I would advise bowling slightly short of a length,this is almost like a cheat,because the cpu player often gets hit and so his confidence reduces,and so his chances of getting out increases.

A cheat - surly not - more like a well invented tactic ;)

Anyway they should learn to duck!!! I Did!

Users who are viewing this thread