bowling - what am i doing wrong?

mikehextall1

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i played a 50 over match on the demo against Australia and they made 397-1 in 50 overs and i couldnt get a wicket at all in fact i didnt even look like getting one, the one wicket that did fall was in the last over an edge from a pull shot caught by the keeper, without laughing at me or taking the p!$$ can someone tell me what im doing wrong or what i should be doing?

:crying :(

Bowl a good line and length-just outside offstump and about just over halfway down the pitch. Experiment with swing and slower balls etc.

Just take time familuarising yourself with the controls. A good line and length will be indicated by a green cursor, ok=orange, bad = red.

I just learnt as I played. Be patient and soon you will be getting the CPU out for 87!!!

P.s. Change the field around, experiment with that, for instance if you are trying to get the cpu playing against the spin, set some slips in place.

i dont even know how to spin the ball it always comes out about 34 mph which is very slow

Good length means keep the ball back.Don't ball too full especially if u have medium pacers.try to stop the ball just at the line or fractionally above the line .As for imparting swing or spin start the delivery with the normal delivery button
and when the meter fills up to the line press the left swing or the right swing button.

Well I was giving u the method for stopping the flow of runs and gettin some wickets also .Bowling always full is not a long term strategy

I found the best thing to do was bowl in the same place but vary the movement. Also be prepared to adjust your line and use custom fields if a batsman starts trying to flick you through legside every ball.
On my first 50 over attempt I bowled Australia out for 277 in 49.4 overs so I was pretty pleased. One of the keys is getting a bowlers confidence high so they are practically unplayable. As soon as I brought Harmison on for his second spell he knocked over both the two set batsmen.

barmyarmy I think u can still improve by bowling more good length.I have managed to restrict Aus to 127 all out in 33 overs .i frustrated them with tight good length bowling .at one stage they were 96/1 off 28 overs but just threw it away.I mostly got my wickets at 1st slip .

I always have a 2nd slip, the wicket keeper can cover 1st slip IMO, and 2nd can reach where the wicket keeper can't.

I prefer to bowl a full length with medium pacers, have a third man at ALL times, as Barmyarmy said, use custom fields.

With medium pacers, swing the ball away from right handers and swing it into left handers (going round the wicket to left handers), make sure it is late swing. Then change the speed and swing. Also change th field to adapt to batsmen e.g. Glenn McGrath-very attacking field.

A good way of bowling is too mix it up by bowling different lengths and some slower balls things like that.

Users who are viewing this thread