Brian Lara Cricket 2007 Bugs

Jit

International Cricketer
i installed blc 2007 yesterday and played.the kit of all players is not visible instead whitish grey color is showed throughout the body of players and empires while all other colors of stadium are fine.please help me out.

I think it is probaly with your computer like graphic card.

Piers

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
rradio (post no84) described the only real bug that actually makes the game unplayable for me on the PC version. This occurs during a game that is working normally. At some point the controls stop working. It is either after I use the alt key for a special delivery or after setting the field with left mouse clicks. Anyway, afte one of these things the controls all go haywire. For instance the mouse wheel suddenly starts delivering yorkers and bouncers instead of swing and the left mouse button stops being useable to start the run up, instead it only changes the field placements. If you then have to bat while the controls are all cockeyed you can't play the right shots and you keep getting stumped. It basically requires restarting the program and everything goes back to normal again until I press the wrong key combination. If I just use the shift key and the mouse buttons and don't alter the field placings everything is fine I think, but that's half the game not useable. I may be wrong and there may be a key combination that is supposed to change all the control settings and I am inadvertently using it while playing, but I have not seen it mentioned in the manual. I believe this is a bug.

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
sweeping/ reverse sweeping the ball often results in some incredibly awkward animations/ sequences of ball movements (a la the terrible ball-warping of ea cricket games)... the sweep/ lofted sweep shots should have had restrictions imposed on the placements one could choose.

aussieopener13

School Cricketer
The Computer never blocks the ball on test difficulty, They run themsalves out way too much even in test cricket, and wen the ai batsman play a glane on middle stump, sometimes they edge it through the middle of their pad on the stumps.

R there any paches regarding these?:help

K

King_Lara

Batsmen don't run the bat in, but tap it over the line. Sometimes it goes that they are RUN OUT but the umpire does not give it. Bails off, bat in the air, umpire shakes head... Like da huh?

Okay... As far as the odd-ball names in the game go, what code is the game written in, so one could dream of hacking it (not really, of course) so as to change the names to something real? (And maybe hack unlock some things like a GM bat or two?-- but just day-dreaming, of course?)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Bit late to the party here but I found a new bug (which may not have been noticed and thus fixed in 2009...)
The game calculates net run rate incorrectly. It does it based solely on overs batted and not overs available. So if a team is super-aggressive and gets bowled out for 20 in 2 overs their NRR improves compared to their opposition who say chased down the 20 runs for no wickets in 2.1 overs.
Practical example was a 4 team Twenty20 league I just completed. Going into the final match I had 2 pts less than SA but an equal NRR of 0.4.
I then bowled them out for 61 in 8.2 overs and chased it 63/1 off 9.1 overs. They won the tournament overall with a better NRR.
Actually their NRR should have been like this:

Average per over scored against team: 6.92
Average per over scored by team: 3.05 (not 7.43)
NRR: -3.87 (NOT +0.51)

Hope this has been fixed for Ashes Cricket 2009.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Yep. I just had 35 over's of batting instead of 50 because it kept going:

pavanjorige

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
worst bug is the ai of the game its just to easy :crying :crying

i think the biggest big is the camera angels ...... they are very bad ...... can some change the camera angels like ea cricket 2007 or ashes cricket 2009........
pleaeeeee

ahxnccj

School Cricketer
yes agree with you above. camera settings or not good in this game.
infact cricket games are not as good as fifa games are made by EA supports.

Users who are viewing this thread