Rugby Union Brilliant Evening At The Cake Tin!!!

D

Dutch

I have just returned from our beloved "Cake Tin" here in Wellytown to see the mighty All Blacks crush the Aussies. A couple of exquisite second half tries right under my nose in the second half will remain with me forever.

It was fantastic how we all got up towards the end and started waving the Aussie fans out who fancied leaving early. The whole end section started singing "bye bye, thank you for coming!"

None of the Aussies dared leave after that. Brilliant evening, brilliant!

Was anyone else there by chance????:)

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have just returned from our beloved "Cake Tin" here in Wellytown to see the mighty All Blacks crush the Aussies. A couple of exquisite second half tries right under my nose in the second half will remain with me forever.

It was fantastic how we all got up towards the end and started waving the Aussie fans out who fancied leaving early. The whole end section started singing "bye bye, thank you for coming!"

None of the Aussies dared leave after that. Brilliant evening, brilliant!

Was anyone else there by chance????:)

Too bad the match didn't count for ████..

D

Dutch

Too bad the match didn't count for ████..

True but it was a great atmosphere and even though the scoreline doesn't suggest it it was a pretty competitive game with the Aussies camped out on the All Black line for a good time at the start of the second half.

I know I'm a sucker but I love the whole build up and the National Anthems and the Haka and all that. Spine-tinglingly good!

The turning point came at the end of the first half when the All Blacks lost a man for 10 minutes due to a stupid high tackle which they can have no complaints about. They should have pressed then but let the Kiwis off the hook who scored a try themselves.

Carter's kicking was brilliant and he didnt miss except for a weak first effort.

I love live matches. The atmosphere just carries you away.

I don't care what they were or weren't playing for; I was there and had a great time!

Kiwi crowds, especially in Wellington are just great. So much humour and banter and all just good fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Usual story, we are fast becoming the Pakistan of Rugby. We looked alright in the first 10 minutes but after that the ABs had all the possession and territory coupled with our aimless kicking meant another Tri Nations wooden spoon was coming our way. Our lineout has fallen big time, why we weren't competing with the much criticized ABs lineout is beyond me.

All in all the ABs were the better side, looked very good in attack especially counter attack, Carter putting on another master class in the kicking and their defence was much better.

D

Dutch

Usual story, we are fast becoming the Pakistan of Rugby. We looked alright in the first 10 minutes but after that the ABs had all the possession and territory coupled with our aimless kicking meant another Tri Nations wooden spoon was coming our way. Our lineout has fallen big time, why we weren't competing with the much criticized ABs lineout is beyond me.

All in all the ABs were the better side, looked very good in attack especially counter attack, Carter putting on another master class in the kicking and their defence was much better.

It doesn't help that you are also picking boys against men. Who's the number 15? He looked even younger than Stuart Broad! To be fair he played a good game actually. Couple of mistakes but he had a couple of beautiful runs as well. Have you been to the "Cake Tin"???

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
O'Connor former Kiwi :p Hes 19 or something, but yea hes no where near ready and definitely not our best fullback. He needs to be moved back to 12 following Giteau's path.

D

Dutch

O'Connor former Kiwi :p Hes 19 or something, but yea hes no where near ready and definitely not our best fullback. He needs to be moved back to 12 following Giteau's path.

Ah thats right. Some of the guys were saying last night that he used to play in Auckland??

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Was at a very young age then he moved. He could also have played for SA through his grandparents.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I like the cake tin, I've seen an ODI there and a couple of Super 12 (formerly) matches. Love that fact that, like Melbourne, you can just walk there from the centre of town. Having been to games at Stadium Australia and AAMI stadium last year you appreciate their location all the more.
Still can't beat Jade Stadium for me as a great rugby venue.

D

Dutch

I like the cake tin, I've seen an ODI there and a couple of Super 12 (formerly) matches. Love that fact that, like Melbourne, you can just walk there from the centre of town. Having been to games at Stadium Australia and AAMI stadium last year you appreciate their location all the more.
Still can't beat Jade Stadium for me as a great rugby venue.

Great that you have been there!

And you are so close to the action, so close.

I saw England play there last year and there was some great banter going on with Anderson on the boundary.

You are right next to them.

I don't believe I have seen any trouble there at all. There was a big uproar at some match, I think the French team were playing Rugby and someone threw a bottle onto the pitch!

My God, a bottle!

A full one!

Onto the pitch!

The papers were full of it for days!

Saw a bloke run onto the pitch one time at a Black cap Aussie ODi.

Big mistake! big mistake!

Got clobbered, utterly clobbered by about 5 security blokes and dragged of in a heap and chucked out.

They don't mess about here. If you fudge about you are out straight away!

Good though because then all the kids and daughters and grannies can come too!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
They don't mess about here. If you fudge about you are out straight away!

Good though because then all the kids and daughters and grannies can come too!

A Kiwi friend made a bet with me during the 2002 Eng/NZ test at Christchurch that I couldn't get onto the wicket and touch the stumps. I'm pretty sure he was expecting me to do it during play and cop a serious beating followed by a life ban. Instead I did it during the tea interval and won the bet. Even got a photo to prove it...

D

Dutch

A Kiwi friend made a bet with me during the 2002 Eng/NZ test at Christchurch that I couldn't get onto the wicket and touch the stumps. I'm pretty sure he was expecting me to do it during play and cop a serious beating followed by a life ban. Instead I did it during the tea interval and won the bet. Even got a photo to prove it...

Good bet to win. And yes I must see the photo!
How did you mange that during the tea interval?
Surely there was lots of security as well or was it the famous: "Touch A Stump Open Day" that they usually have at Christchurch!?:):D

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
We were allowed on the outfield so I "accidentally" overthrew the ball we were using and went to retrieve it.

D

Dutch

We were allowed on the outfield so I "accidentally" overthrew the ball we were using and went to retrieve it.

Clever, very clever! Did you also accidentally swivel around near those bowling marks per chance??:)

Users who are viewing this thread