BUGLIST !!!

S

sj_miles

The major bugs are:

1. The CPU bowls too many byes.

2. Mostly, if there is rain, it never stops.

3. In a match, if you load the game, the lineup will change back to default.

4. In a test, whenever a player gets out, a fielder appears on the pitch from nowhere.

These are the widely-encountered bugs in Cricket 2004. If there are anymore major bugs, please add them in.

We can't expect them to make a patch for all small bugs but definetely for the above major four bugs.

chrishinton85

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey guys found another bug!!!!
sometimes the ball crosses the boundary and fielder still picks it up and throws it
the commentator says 4
and 4 runs r given
but the fielders dont think its 4 B) :P :P

kalavala

Club Cricketer
yes, I have some more,

1. sometime when a ball is played towards the boundary it stops near it and then nothing happens for a while cpu takes 5-10 runs and then game comes back to normal.

2. stupid runout by Cpu whenever we set up a customer field with mid on & mid off

3. there are no day & night matches when we play a 50 over world cup match when stadiums have floodlights. This is a recent bugs

L

liquid_decoy_006

in test the new-ball is take on the 75th over

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
homer: who were you playing the test match against? if you are playing against a county side it hink they are supposed to take a new ball after 75 overs, but when having two test countries playing one another it should be at the 80 over mark

S

sachin

the only time i was actually playing when i took the new ball i'm pretty sure i took it at the 80 over mark.

D

destroyersachin

I don't know if this is a bug...

I have played two matches on Hard mode now and the opposition made 100 and 64 in 50 overs, that is all...I thought in Hard mode the opposite nation would play really well and score more runs, atleast 200 in 50 overs. Does this happend with you all too?

B

burnsy

Playing Test Pak v Aus I'm Aus of course trying to change the field but it just keeps goin back to what i started with,the commentary even says ponting has made a field adjustment I'm sick of getting smacked for four threw the covers lol.Anybody else have this problem before.

S

squiz

it only happens if you've put sum1 in the team not from the original 11 and you've saved and reloaded

B

burnsy

Ok thanx looks like i will have to go back to the original players,it was only happening with Hauritz and Bichel which as you said aren't in the original eleven.

G

goldenarm

NO DAY-NIGHT MATCH IN GAME MODES IN CRICKET 2004
ITS A CRAP GAME

H

Hollywood

Much improved on cricket 2002, imporved gameplay, much harder and more realistic, on the right track...but the game let's itself down with loads of bugs and annoying quirks.

Have a look at these I have encountered so far:

*Run outs galore in 50 over games when the cpu team bats on easy, medium or hard level (especially with custom field setting) completely ruins the realism of cricket.

*Cpu fielders cath the ball on the boundary, then throwing it up in the air it goes over the boundary and it's gone from the batsman getting out to hitting a boundary or six!

*No day night matches in game modes (i.e world series, world cup, etc) they have completely left that out :angry:

*When loading a 50 over match from a previously saved game, the night mode turns into day mode, meaning night cricket is completely eradicated from the match (what a step backwards)

*Game cashes when setting a custom field for certain bowlers

*In Team Management, you cannot add players to the Australia A database or any A team database......it appears that the database does not recongise an Australian player as an Australian A player :wacko:

As you can see most of these are major issues which spoil the enjoyment of the game. You can still play the game and get good enjoyment out of it. However as much as I was impressed with the new gameplay modes and challenging levels they have introduced, I get as equally disappointed and let down the more bugs I come across.

In a word I think it's safe to say that these bugs and missed features can only be as a result of "a rushed release"!. I think with more time, I would hope that EA would have been able to put more attention to detail in, in truth they have got halfway there with the best cricket game ever!

I sent an email to HB studios, on one hand congratulating them on the improvements and progress, but on the other saying the buggy game should never be have been allowed to be released in it's current state!. Surprise surprise, no response from them.

What do you think they will do for us?.......I know it's wishful thinking, but I still do not believe a game in it's state should have been allowed to be released to consumers. In some areas the game just does not function in the way it says it should.

I know it won't happen, but they should re-release it coz it's just plain slack in alot of areas.

Satisfying, disappointing and frustrating all in the same sentence!

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Originally posted by Hollywood@Jan 7 2004, 11:39 AM
*Cpu fielders cath the ball on the boundary, then throwing it up in the air it goes over the boundary and it's gone from the batsman getting out to hitting a boundary or six!
That's what happens in real life, so it's not a bug.

Users who are viewing this thread