C2K4 file formats and changes

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry admins, just that this thread can be the exclusive one for any mods we may come up with. What do you guys think, any of you can delete the other thread which contained the stamina bug.

Have a look Zim, this is your area man. With a little bit more time and know what changes might be required we can unearth the way to handle it. Look below for file names :

\\W2kserver\Project\Cricket\DataPC\configs\field_physics.cfg....\\w2kserver\Project\Cricket\DataPC\configs\u_hard.cfg...\\w2kserver\Project\Cricket\DataPC\configs\u_normal.cfg.\\w2kserver\Project\Cricket\DataPC\configs\u_easy.cfg...\\w2kserver\Project\Cricket\DataPC\configs\l_hard.cfg...\\w2kserver\Project\Cricket\DataPC\configs\l_normal.cfg.\\w2kserver\Project\Cricket\DataPC\configs\l_easy.cfg...\\w2kserver\Project\Cricket\DataPC\configs\oneday50.cfg.\\w2kserver\Project\Cricket\DataPC\configs\oneday45.cfg.\\w2kserver\Project\Cricket\DataPC\configs\oneday20.cfg.\\w2kserver\Project\Cricket\DataPC\configs\oneday10.cfg

Are you guys now assured the ODI batting is just chancy and not smart enough whether chasing totals or setting targets.

crick4life

International Cricketer
How about this one (oh not again the same old BLC kind values)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thats great work ravi -

It comes as no surprise whatsoever they are still using

1_hard.cfg and 1day50.cfg etc

The AI has been largely ignored it seems, only the features has been given considerable time.

The obvious question is how did you read these files and can we do what we did in c2002 , and create a folder called "configs" etc and create our own values.

Also any joy in locating the stroke files ?

Well done mate

p.s. Sam2002, I see you are on the board at present - please unlock how to read these files so we can edit them like you did in c2k2 - thanks

sam2002

PC Awards 2005 Best Breakthrough
hi guys

nice to be back:)

i extracted almost all files from *.gob file

the attached file contains the ai,lights and some readable files :)

;)

Attachments

• c2k4files.zip
    204.6 KB · Views: 439

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
how do your read the bin files sam - and can the configs be adjusted like previously ?

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by zimrahil
Thats great work ravi -

It comes as no surprise whatsoever they are still using

1_hard.cfg and 1day50.cfg etc

The AI has been largely ignored it seems, only the features has been given considerable time.

The obvious question is how did you read these files and can we do what we did in c2002 , and create a folder called "configs" etc and create our own values.

Also any joy in locating the stroke files ?

Well done mate

p.s. Sam2002, I see you are on the board at present - please unlock how to read these files so we can edit them like you did in c2k2 - thanks

I am guessing it?s pretty much the same as in Cricket 2002, will need to create a folder (not configs this time but DataPC or something, will confirm this) and have our files in that folder. I had a quick look at the c2k4 exe to get the file list; a thorough look will give us a clue where the graphics/sound/AI files will go. There will be new variables this time around but they are not hard to figure out.

I think C2K4 has great features and no AI. In the test match I was piling runs on the leg side and the CPU had two men on the leg side for the entire first session. The bowling changes again are borrowed from BLC and are crap. These are some of the issues we cannot fix even with the patches unless EA comes up with one. Have a look in the bugs topic for screenshots, they are appalling.

\W2kServer\Project\Cricket\DataPC\Saf (In short DataPC under Cricket 2004 folder I think) is the folder to store the shot files. Remember the following attributes :

Sorry for littering the topic, tried cut and paste from Hex editor.

A little more investigation into the exe and the other files in data folder possibly might throw up more clues.

Hey Sam, how are you doing mate?

Last edited:

sam2002

PC Awards 2005 Best Breakthrough
it looks like we can edit everyfiles after extracting from .gob.

time to call some help from GTA III guys.

*.dff->MODELS
*.TXD->packed textures

The files are just packed into a single file,the index and sizes info are in the exe file.

gta 3 uses this same tecnic.

the config files can be openly edit by seaching the string in the .*gob

;) ;)

Attachments

• fa.jpg
    fa.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,035

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I notice a picture of shane warne there who apparently isn't in the game ?

So guys, are we saying that to edit the configs we have to amend the strings in the exe? Hope that isn't is the case and that you can extract the files like last time sam which were easy to amend?

All the same values seem there as before - which is lazy on HB's part, but good for when it comes to editting !

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by zimrahil
I notice a picture of shane warne there who apparently isn't in the game ?

So guys, are we saying that to edit the configs we have to amend the strings in the exe? Hope that isn't is the case and that you can extract the files like last time sam which were easy to amend?

All the same values seem there as before - which is lazy on HB's part, but good for when it comes to editting !

I think the exe need not be edited; it can only be used as a lookup to see the directory names to store the files Sam has tried to extract. I would rather put it to inept rather than lazy their saga of continued BLC borrowing. Like you said you would be better off editing the game first to suit your style and then start playing the game:D Still the animation suck big time man, there is no feel of cricket in this game.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
lol - yes I was being kind when I said lazy - inept is probably more appropriate :p

Ok then so eventually the files should be extracted as before which is good.

And yes, will have to play the game for a bit first to see what needs improving, then spend the next 6 months trying to make things better along with yourself :D

Even before playing the game it would appear the first thing that needs attention is

cpu pacing files

Also people are stating no edges again to slips and WK - that needs looking at

And almost as importantly - will need to be able to alter the crap BLC default fields so they are a tad more realistic

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi zim,
after opening the .bin file with notpad I got cricket 2004 config file which we can edit. the file is 005c.bin , you will find it in the C2k4files.

jonah

International Coach
Seems like progress is being made already guys...great work. As you say Ravi, some things we'll probably have to put up with, but others can hopefully be bettered.

ps good to see you back Sam.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Originally posted by bumba
Hi zim,
after opening the .bin file with notpad I got cricket 2004 config file which we can edit. the file is 005c.bin , you will find it in the C2k4files.

Thanks bumba -

right then - its very easy to change these values and save the file.

But...how do we incorporate these changes into the game.

Ie. how do we extract these bins files and then put them back again or can we create a folder called pcdata as ravi suggested and put these files in there and change them etc

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
ok been looking at the bin files (thanks sam)

Can find easy normal and hard configs for ODI and tests.
Cannot find the ball configs for fast, swing etc

Most importantly, cannot find the cpu pacing files (1day50.cfg) etc

Also there are 96 stroke files, with no clue as to which bin file refers to which stroke. Also there are now edge modifier values and also the ball length value, instead of going from 0-3 as before now goes from 0-5. I am assuming that there are now 6 different ball lengths taken into account :confused:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Also, please can sam/rav find where the default fields are stored too as apparently they are complete crap

Users who are viewing this thread