can someone Help with bowling (pace and spin) ...

topcop

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I i only got this game this weekend and i have been playing it for a day or so. When i play in test match mode and i am bowling, when i use pace bowlers i dont get any wickets at all. i played australia and i just managed to get on nick off mcgrath and rest of the all wickets were taken by warne. it seems weird no matter how much i vary pace length different type of balls, the batsmen place them really well but when i ball spin then all nick to silly point to short cover and i got south africa all out for 30 after wasting like 15 or so overs of pace and warne took 5-2-13-9

this is driving me insane why are spinners so good and pacers suck? is there a tactic i can use? i was bowling with 4 slips gully short leg etc its not like i had a defensive field. I tryed bowling bouncers too but the batsmen pulled me away mostly and non of them went in the air..

Also why do all spinner's wickets were caught at silly point? this is weird!

And when playing advance shots only drives are available? im not sure on this one

Firstly, your pace problem:
Try pitching the ball up and at full speed(till the so called sweet spot) This helps the ball swing of the pitch. Pacers aren't all that good in this game unless on green pitches where u can cause the ball to swing a lot, just move the ball marker to the opposite side of where u want it to swing. I would reccomend also using the slower ball and cutters every now and then, while in test matches you have to wait a while for the wickets to come. Watch the batsmen's batting pattern, for e.g. if the batsman likes playing through the offside just bowl very slowly wide of offstump and swing the ball away with a couple os slips in place. You might find an edge. Also vary your length and put fielders in places the batsmen like scoring hence causing them to improvise and play other shots through which you might get a dissmisal.
You might also be getting more with spin cause it is Shane Warne....and he legspins so the ball would most likely got to silly point, especially if you keep bowling the same delivery over and over.....and if in easy mode i reccomend you switch to medium.

Now your batting problem:
Going down the track is meant to be only for when you want to avoid gettin out to a yoker or want to hit a six. Use the six hit button(left shift in defaul I think) along with the arrow key of where you want to hit and the Button 4(D in default) Practice your timing in nets. Most effective against attemted yorkers ore half volleys bowled by spinners.

well i use spin all the time on a green pictch because i got a trick. use the above camera and get a off spinner but use arm ball, then put the cursor in line with the wickets half way of the pitch(till u cant move it down more)
then ball it the slowest u can usually get lbw or a wicket doing this..my top is using A.Symonds 9 wickets and 2 runs. have a nice day

thanks for the tips. I was playing in medium mode and even with off spinner harbhajan all the catches went to silly point lol i was off spinning towards the legs and he picked up 7/17 and bowled SL out for 45, still having hard time with pace bowlers

Last edited:
topcop said:
thanks for the tips. I was playing in medium mode and even with off spinner harbhajan all the catches went to silly point lol i was off spinning towards the legs and he picked up 7/17 and bowled SL out for 45, still having hard time with pace bowlers

no problems mate

i have hard times with pace aswell but if ya get the right place you can get him with a catch. i got Brett Lee 6 wickets for 10 runs doing bouncers all of them catches or LBW and also do different speeds each delivery..use sweet spot half of the over and then do different speeds during the other half of the over to truble the batsman

i have some doubts in off cuter / leg cutters...
The manual says for Leg cutter the key is 'D' and off cutter the jey is 'A'.
but it doesn't say about where to place the "Ball Marker"....

say a right hand fast bowler bowling to right hand batsman...
I have assumed that for Leg cutter the "marker has to be placed on the
extreme left and for off cutter the "marker has to be placed on the
extreme right...

am i correct??......even if my apprach is correct, i dont get considerable movement of
the pitch (even on Green pitches)...

i think for a right hand bowler bowling a leg cutter, use 'D' and the marker must be placed to the left of the batsman (i.e. to ur right if not extreme) and for off cutters, use 'A' and place the marker to the right of the batsman (ie. to ur left) and the move tht dot within the ball radar to the opposite side of where you placed your marker! It should work that way for cutters!

But he is confused as it does not say where to keep the bowling marker.

if you have only just got the game you shouldn't get any patches on it yet coz if you have got any that might be y you are struggling. as you are just starting on this game make a green wicket or play against a poor team as a very good team or something like like. bowl outside off and try and get the batters to keep defending at it with lots of slips and with good quality bowling you will get wickets. keep trying coz the game is quite easy to get into after you get the basics rite

Users who are viewing this thread