Can someone please help me create a simple database?

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm creating a hangman game, a cricket hangman game to be precise. Most of the coding is the done, and now I need a big database.

Can someone please help me on it. I can do it on my own but I have an extremely busy schedule.
The task is simple and I'll be really grateful to you.

Please create a text file with player names followed by an asterisk.

For example,

Sachin Tendulkar*Martin Guptill*Gautam Gambhir*Adam Gilchrist*(and so on.....)

I'll be really thankful if anyone could do this for me. And please see that most players are current cricket playing players and are well know too. I don't want 'alien' names to popup in front of those who play the game.

Will give credits in the game. :)

Thank you.

----------

Or even simply the names of cricketers will do. I'll do the database specific formatting on my own. Won't take much time.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks, that looks wonderful. A little more names shall be good. Will be good to have more famous names. You missed my player, Sehwag! :p

And there were slight spelling mistakes too, like in Glenn McGrath, Alastair Cook, etc. Spellings are pretty important in a game like Hangman.

Anyways, I appreciate your effort. Will be good if you can provide some more names. If not, that's fine too. I can add more names from here and use your file as the database. :)

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Dam I was so looking forward to helping:(

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Thanks, that looks wonderful. A little more names shall be good. Will be good to have more famous names. You missed my player, Sehwag! :p

And there were slight spelling mistakes too, like in Glenn McGrath, Alastair Cook, etc. Spellings are pretty important in a game like Hangman.

Anyways, I appreciate your effort. Will be good if you can provide some more names. If not, that's fine too. I can add more names from here and use your file as the database. :)

Lol my bad,i love Sehwag very much.I dont even follow CT because he isnt there.What is the deadline before which you need it?

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Lol my bad,i love Sehwag very much.I dont even follow CT because he isnt there.What is the deadline before which you need it?
Well actually I have completed the database now. It's done. Used your efforts as a base for it. Thanks to you. :)

Dam I was so looking forward to helping
It's okay, Mark. Thanks!

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I was the first person to look at it and like it too.I suggest you to have a free hit option too.Free hit here means that a person can guess the full word too at once and thay gives him some bonus points.I did something like that when i developed an application for the windows phone platform sometime back using c#.I did not do it for hangman but some similar entertainment game and i got good responses for that free hit :thumbs

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I did think about that, but couldn't really make up my mind as to how it shall work.
If the user enters a wrong answer, should the game be declared over there? This seems fair and the same time harsh. So I skipped it.

If you have an idea then please suggest. :)

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I did think about that, but couldn't really make up my mind as to how it shall work.
If the user enters a wrong answer, should the game be declared over there? This seems fair and the same time harsh. So I skipped it.

If you have an idea then please suggest. :)

Not harsh.If its a jackpot he needs to take the big risk.Its fair.Proceed with that mate,i am sure people will love that concept,i am telling out of experience.When i had people who hardly use Windows Phone got excited,i am sure Android users who constitute the most will surely love it.Just give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread