Can you remember the day you got this game?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It was about 2002, I was year 7 (12 years old). I got it from the shops for about 30 bucks from K-Mart for the PS1 (dont think anyone had Ps2's at this stage). I brought it home and all the way home in the car I was just reading the manual and smelling it (love the smell of new magazines:p). When I got home I begged my Mums partner to play a match with me. He promised a 50 over match - we both lasted only 22 overs but it was a nail biter, I chased down his 120-odd with 1 wicket to spare. I still remember that day and the many months after playing this game with friends coming over to play Test matches and 10/10s before school. Good times.

Can you remember the day you got the game? Or your first match?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I do as it happens. It was as late as February 2005, it came from a bargain bin on a Saturday morning. I had heard about it here!

I even posted a thread about it. The Test match I was talking about was great, I batted first and was losing wickets quickly before a Darren Gough half century helped me get back into it.

Benauds appreci

Club Cricketer
Aye..a gadgey at work was tryin' to flog me his PS1 around 2001. I really wanted it but played it like I was in two minds...yer know..I was asking questions like when will the next PS come on the market and won't this PS1 become obsolete. He wanted £15 for it. I ummed and aaad for some time..he said he would chuck in 5 games with the console...4 of which didn't concern me..but one of 'em was BL Cricket 1999. I bought it and had many years of cricket gaming heaven. And yes....I still feel to this day that White Lightning was the quickest quickie bowler in the game.

Last edited:

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I got in 2002 and I remeber pressing the shots but not pressing the normal or attacking buttons. I was really dissapointed because I thought the game wasn't working but it was me :p.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Some nice experiences.If you want to know about my boring life then just a info that I have never played any of these games in my Life.
I just once want to play,Dam..:(

Lwkfella1991

Club Cricketer
was on holiday up here in brisbane christman time. christmas day came dad gave me my present thinking it was fifa as i opened it i saw shane i was pretty pissed as i didnt even want the game. put it in my ps1 and played it for hours was so suprised on how good it was still play it to this day one of the greatest games ever made

vibes992000

School Cricketer
i got it in 2000 and I flunked (Failed) in my maths exams cuz even on the exam day i kept playing :p

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My mother got me this game sometime in April just before the 1999 world cup - I had this game three days before I had a computer.

ChrisDowns22

School Cricketer
I got it as a surprise from my Mum, I came home one day and I went on the playstation then she came upstairs and handed over a bag and inside it there it lay, I couldn't wait to get on it and that very night I did an all nighter (seeing how it was the weekend!)

God i miss being young lol!

Owzat

International Coach
I bought it from a shop in Northampton, I saw it in "Game" I think it was and bought a PSOne just to play it.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Bought it off my friend for a few dollars, then gave it away before I sat down and thought about the great gameplay for a while, just played it very little. This is in the days where I played my PS2.

TERRIBLE decision... I would kill to play it on my PS3 now.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
This thread is so awesome. Reminds me of school. It was 2001-02. Bought the game and was hooked onto it. Having played it on a PlayStation a year before buying the PC version, I still remember how Afridi used to bat left-handed :laugh

PC one was all sorted. Played it like crazy. Still have the CD in my closet. And I even played it on my PS a few months back. :D

Wow. Time flies and we've all grown up, turned into people who have no time for all these luxuries, the time which we once had. Those were the days :)

Gurjot95

National Board President
This game sucks on PlayStation and it was totally different graphically also (if shopkeeper has not cheated me). They only have white clothes and unrealistic game whereas in PC it is totally realistic.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
2002, I was six years old. I remember seeing it in the DVD and Game rental store. This was one that was up for sale on ps1 rather cheaply as well. I just looked at it and thought "OH SNAP, CRICKET GAME!" I pleaded with my mum to buy it, I even promised to be good for a whole month as you did at that age :p.

I thought I was the coolest kid in town for the next two weeks before I realised my cousin living a few houses away had the same game and had had it for ages.

graham

Club Captain
i remember very well i just been to watch liverpool get knocked out of europe (no change there) there where adverts for the game around the ground as the game was on live tv ,blc was out the following day ,but i had been waiting a long time to get this game it kept getting delayed and delayed , it came out in december 99 , for the psx 1 , a great game , i think ashes 09 is now better with the patch cheers graham :happy

Users who are viewing this thread