Carl Williams killed!

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...ms-bashed-to-death-in-jail-20100419-sobd.html
Gangland killer Carl Williams has been bashed to death in his high security prison in Victoria.

Police say they believe Williams suffered serious head injuries after allegedly being struck about the head in an altercation with another inmate about 12.50pm (AEDT) on Monday.

An Ambulance Victoria spokeswoman said Williams went into cardiac arrest and could not be revived.

A man is in custody, police said, and homicide squad detectives are at the prison.

Police said the assault occurred in an exercise yard and two other inmates and a weapon were involved.

A prison officer was about 10 metres away when the incident occurred, corrections officials said.

Corrections minister Bob Cameron said Williams was housed in a unit with two other inmates who have been placed in a secure area.

The three men were allowed to associate with each other for six hours a day, between 8am and 2pm, but were not always supervised.

"There are times when they are supervised, there are times when they are not," said deputy corrections commissioner Rod Wise.

Mr Wise said it was not practical to have every prisoner supervised when they were out of their cell.

CCTV footage of the assault will be crucial to the homicide investigation.

Williams, 39, was serving life imprisonment in Barwon's maximum security Acacia unit with a non-parole period of 35 years after pleading guilty to ordering the murders of three underworld rivals and the failed conspiracy to murder lawyer Mario Condello.

He was found guilty in 2007 of murdering underworld figures Jason Moran, Lewis Moran and Michael Marshall.

He had also been convicted of killing drug trafficker Mark Mallia and on multiple charges of drugs trafficking.

Williams' lawyer Rob Stary said he spoke to Williams about 9am (AEST) on Monday about an article in a News Ltd newspaper, which reported that Victoria Police have paid $8000 to allow his daughter to attend a top private school.

Mr Stary said he and Williams talked "about how disturbed we were that material was being leaked to the press".

"Of course he was (upset)," he told AAP.

"It exposes his daughter to risk. Of course he was concerned about that. He was not concerned about his own wellbeing, he was concerned about her.

"I just hope that justice prevails."

He said he did not know the circumstances of Williams' death.

Williams was held in solitary confinement at the Acacia Unit and the only time he came into contact with other prisoners was when he exercised, Mr Stary said.

Inmates were permitted to exercise in the company of another prisoner but under strict supervision, Mr Stary said.

Underworld figure Mick Gatto said he had heard unconfirmed rumours about Williams having died but said that was all he had heard.

"I would rather let dead dogs lie," he told AAP.

"If you hear any more let me know but I would rather not comment on him."

He said Williams was "certainly not" a friend.

Williams had one child with his ex-wife Roberta Williams, a convicted drug trafficker.

Williams' father George was released from prison in June 2009 after serving a sentence for drug trafficking, while his mother Barbara was found dead in 2009 after an apparent overdose.

Williams' life of crime started with a 1990 conviction for possession of stolen goods, for which he received a $400 fine.

His hatred for the Moran family was ignited in October 1999 when he was shot in the stomach by Jason Moran over a debt.

Williams made it his obsession to seek revenge on the Morans, escalating Melbourne's bloody gangland war.

Jason Moran was shot dead while sitting in a car at a children's football clinic in June 2003. His father Lewis was gunned down on Williams' orders in March 2004 in an inner suburban Melbourne club.

The gangland war was depicted in the top rating television series Underbelly.
Probably a good thing.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Does anyone else find the whole underworld/gangland thing really, really interesting?

We really don't know half of what really goes on.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Watch Gangland, its from the US but its still damn good. See about gangs such as Hells Angels, MS 13, [something]stone, Cripps, Bloods, Bandidos, Outlaws. Its such an awesome show. Download or buy some. The latest episode is always free on Foxtel downloads.

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does anyone else find the whole underworld/gangland thing really, really interesting?

We really don't know half of what really goes on.
Especially 14yo kids...

When I turned 18 and such and started going out and takin drugs and that I finally realised how big the drug circle is...Its absolutely massive and very interesting.

Thats all I have to say on this subject.

:spy

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Especially 14yo kids...

When I turned 18 and such and started going out and takin drugs and that I finally realised how big the drug circle is...Its absolutely massive and very interesting.

You don't have to take drugs to know how big it is.

Do you still take them? or only at parties and those sort of things?

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Started quite late then :spy

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Especially 14yo kids...

I'd still say there's a load of things you don't know about it.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I just don't know how someone can go out and buy drugs when the person they are buying it from has probably stolen, if not even murdered, to acquire it in the first place. I feel like I would somehow be responsible, as I am motivating them to keep doing it.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
That too haha, but the Carl Williams murder. I'd sort of forgotten about him, and other 34 more years of jail time right? And then all of a sudden... He's in a damn high security cell as well :/ If prisoner's can break into there....

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I just don't know how someone can go out and buy drugs when the person they are buying it from has probably stolen, if not even murdered, to acquire it in the first place. I feel like I would somehow be responsible, as I am motivating them to keep doing it.
It's very unlikely that you actually purchase drugs from anyone high enough in the chain of command to be involved in the kind of activities you mention. Many dealers are typically junkies just trying to make a buck.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
It's very unlikely that you actually purchase drugs from anyone high enough in the chain of command to be involved in the kind of activities you mention. Many dealers are typically junkies just trying to make a buck.
Yep, and not many people steal drugs, unless it' a gang stealing from an individual dealer. Although I do know something I shouldn't :p

Users who are viewing this thread