catching percentage?

00msims

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Normally when i play a match i find that the wickets that i take are all catches. maybe its just the way i bowl, but i cant work out how to get anyone out lbw or get a wicket

00msims said:
Normally when i play a match i find that the wickets that i take are all catches. maybe its just the way i bowl, but i cant work out how to get anyone out lbw or get a wicket

Me too i have the batting down no probs now except for spinners (pain in the arse they are need more practice against them).

But i too cannot get an LBW or a BOWLED i can get catches no probs in slips and outfield but yet to get a bowled or LBW any hints anyone????

Try bowling at the stumps and vary your pace every now then then. You can't get an LBW or bowled if your not aiming at the stumps. On pitches with something in them you may get movement in or out, thats also a good way or with your swing that may fool them.

irottev said:
Try bowling at the stumps and vary your pace every now then then. You can't get an LBW or bowled if your not aiming at the stumps. On pitches with something in them you may get movement in or out, thats also a good way or with your swing that may fool them.
Thx for the tips, i will try and vary pace more but apart from that i do bowl at the stumps but still no luck i still cant get them bowled although i did get my first ever LBW it was so sweet, i suppose i just have to keep persisiting and hope eventually it comes together.

i aim to bowl a good length ie: 3/4 way up to crease or sometimes at point where marker comes up about halfway and just aim for off stump....should i be aiming closer to the crease or just keep trying where i normally aim?

I tend to bowl some leg cutters very close to the stumps and varying the speed is very important. Maybe try playing a couple of slow balls at a good line and length and then try putting in a fast leg cutter bowled just on off stump.

Users who are viewing this thread