Champions League-Fair??

What do you think should be changed in the CLT20?

• Total voters

khaleel

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has it ever occurred to you why there is no team from Pakistan playing in the Champions League tournament,when it was initially decided there would be atleast one team from each of the top 10 cricketing nations?why aren't there any teams from Bangladesh,Zimbabwe,Ireland and the likes?why are there three teams from India and two each from Australia,South Africa and England(not participating this year),whereas other nations are allowed to send only one??is it really FAIR?

The answer is NO.im sorry if it hurts anyone but i strongly feel there is plenty of unfairness in this tournament.what was supposed to be a clash between champion and runner-up teams from across the world has turned out to be just another self-promotion camp from the major cricketing nations(read India,Australia,England,South Africa).

How else would one describe the ouster of Pakistani teams from the tournament and the addition of an extra Indian team?its really sad to see money and politics interrupt our beautiful game,also called 'the gentleman's game'.but it has gone far away from its other name.so far away that money(and keeping the rich happy) matters more to the personnel concerned rather than fair play.they would even stoop to the level of banning a team,if a certain mr.rich asks for it.

The thing is that the board(we all know which one) is greatly partial to the 'SUPERIOR' nations,usually giving into their demands and does not treat all with equality.why wont it??why SHOULD it??when you can have the support of the richest sporting body and the two oldest bodies of the sport,why go against them?you would rather dishearten the youth,the upcoming talent,the aspiring teams and make loads of false promises.would you not do the same??

The whole idea behind this article is to drive home the fact that there should be more fairness in the game and particularly this tournament.however ridden with conflicts nations may be,they should never be beleaguered like the Pakistani domestic teams were.even though it was said during the previous edition of the tournament that the teams would not be part of the Champions League for only one season,there is no mention of them taking part in this years tournament also.plus,the number of teams taking part from each nation should be the same.after all,they all work equally hard to get noticed on such a big platform...hoping this would not be the same next year as well so that i would not have to write such a long article.:)

NOTE:This article was written solely to voice my feelings towards the issue and is not meant to harm anyone's feelings.If anyone disagrees or has a better idea of things,he may feel free to criticize the post.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Champions League with runners up in it? Fail. Thats all I have to say. It should be 8 teams from each of the top nations to decide which is the best domestic 20/20 team.

khaleel

Club Captain
^exactly.that is the current format which i too would like to be changed.but i say top 10 teams instead of your opinion of 8

P

pcfan123

It will never be "fair" unless its completely run by the ICC.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I prefer a Player's association more than ICC. Retired players hsould be the ones governing the Cricket.;)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Champions League with runners up in it? Fail. Thats all I have to say. It should be 8 teams from each of the top nations to decide which is the best domestic 20/20 team.

It's basically from the soccer version which also has non champions participating. The main problem with our one is Pakistan being locked out of the tournament, you can't have one of the big Cricket nations not participating. And after reading up on the UFEA CL, I notice they have coefficients to determine how many teams a country gets, so it offers each country a chance to get more teams in through performance than in the boardroom.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
"Only the top team from each of the top 8 nations"

8 seems like a good amount of teams, and this enables all 8 major nations to have an equal chance of winning.

Sadly ATM that's never going to happen, because of the IPL and the BCCI.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
The whole idea behind this article is to drive home the fact that there should be more fairness in the game and particularly this tournament.however ridden with conflicts nations may be,they should never be beleaguered like the Pakistani domestic teams were.even though it was said during the previous edition of the tournament that the teams would not be part of the Champions League for only one season,there is no mention of them taking part in this years tournament also.plus,the number of teams taking part from each nation should be the same.after all,they all work equally hard to get noticed on such a big platform...hoping this would not be the same next year as well so that i would not have to write such a long article.:)
Pakistan Cricket Board ruling out sending teams to Champions League.

khaleel

Club Captain
^that is only because BCCI is one of the boards greatly involved in running the league and the PCB is having conflicts with BCCI(every one knows the ever-lasting conflict between the two countries).

@dare:i meant we should have only one team from each of the top 10 nations.that way,a team from Bangladesh and Zimbabwe can also participate.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Yea, I really don't like how India gets three teams in Champions League while countries like NZ, Sri Lanka, and West Indies only get one.

Another thing that I don't like is how IPL teams get first dibs on players who qualify for more than one team. Yes, they have to pay the other team and the national board compensation but it robs the other team of what is essentially their best players.

It will never be "fair" unless its completely run by the ICC.

How true. Sadly this world ain't perfect.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Eligibility should be based on the players home nation, tough luck to the IPL teams, they will need to rely on their own talent like the other teams. Of course if they get lucky and their players team doesn't qualify then no problem with the player playing for them.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It would be a shame if the third team to qualify from IPL went on to win this years champions league:facepalm I mean they are no champions, not even runner up.

khaleel

Club Captain
^ya.i second that.i mean,come on,its champions league.not each and every team should be allowed.and im also afraid how long it will last if english counties continue to stay out.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
How many thread does the CLT20 deserve? Why dont we get one thread stickied or something?

Users who are viewing this thread