Champions League Thread (the dawn of time - 2014)

Liverpool scraping through indeed, but I think they'll do better in the main competition.

Hamburg drew their game with Osasuna, 1-1, and hence went through on away goals. De Jong scoring in the 73rd minute.

Fernando Morientes and David Villa were both on the scoresheet as Valencia bulldozed Salzburg 3-0. ( 3-1 on aggregate. )

Benfica and AC Milan are also through after wins over Austria Magna and Crvena Zvezda respectively.

Kev said:
well 1-1 but close :p

Certainly was and we difinatley should have scored in the first half!

cricket doctor said:
Only concern- '17 shots on goal and just a single goal'. :(

17 :eek:

But credit goes to there keeper also he had a great match!

Garcia dissapointing should have had 2 or 3! :mad:

Ajax has been thrashed by Kobenhavnis and they are out of the champions league.Arsenal is almost through to the next round.

Romanian Team Steaua qualified for the champions league tonight.. many celebrations were going on :p.

Well the groups have been drawn and the first group is the Group of death. Chelsea draw again with Barca :p

FC Barcelona
Chelsea FC
Werder Bremen
Sofia (some newcomer club)

Here are all the groups------>>>

Group A

FC Barcelona (ESP)
Chelsea FC (ENG)
Werder Bremen (GER)
PFC Levski Sofia (BUL)

Group B

FC Internazionale Milano (ITA)
FC Bayern M?nchen (GER)
Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR)
FC Spartak Moskva (RUS)

Group C

Liverpool FC (ENG)
PSV Eindhoven (NED)
FC Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA)
Galatasaray SK (TUR)

Group D

Valencia CF (ESP)
AS Roma (ITA)
Olympiacos CFP (GRE)
FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

Group E

Real Madrid CF (ESP)
Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)
FC Steaua Bucuresti (ROU)
FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)

Group F

Manchester United FC (ENG)
Celtic FC (SCO)
SL Benfica (POR)
FC K?benhavn (DEN)

Group G

Arsenal FC (ENG)
FC Porto (POR)
PFC CSKA Moskva (RUS)
Hamburger SV (GER)

Group H

AC Milan (ITA)
LOSC Lille M?tropole (FRA)
AEK Athens FC (GRE)
RSC Anderlecht (BEL)

-Chelsea once again with Barca. :p

-Comparatively easy group for us I'd say. :p

-MANU and Arsenal are in interesting groups. :D

-Ronaldinho got the UEFA Footballer of the year award.

-Samual Eto of Arsenal got Best Forward/Attacker of the year award.

-Deco got Best Midfielder of the year award.

Last edited:
Pretty easy although Galatasary and PSV are dark horses.

Werder Bremen will catch Chelsea out if they fall asleep in the last 10 minutes of the game and therefore Mourinho will get sacked ridding the Premiership of arrogance :D

Chelsea Barca again! Brilliant! Lets hope the blues go out first round.

United get Celtic, hmm, well not too much of a worry, we keep playing them in friendlies and battering them with our reserve team. But still got to treat every oppo with the respect they deserve and learn from our mistakes of last year.

Fairly easy group, although we did almost muck up a fairly easy group in 04/05 and were only saved by a Gerrard special. We should just win the home games comfortably then go more defensive away and maybe snatch another win.

H,F,and C all very simple groups...Our group isn't to bad.Should be pretty straight forward this season...Great to see Cheatski have a challange.

I really like it that Barcelona and Chelsea are drawn again with each other, but this time in the group stages, which means they could further progress then the last time they meet each other, since they will avoid each other in the second round matches. And group E is a nice group too.

First match of PSV will be against Liverpool. Looking forward to that.

And the one of strangest match I've seen is Ajax against Kopenhagen. Ajax had about five unbelievable big chances, with a ball hitting the post and one a bar. In the second half Emanuelsson didn't cover a player from Kopenhagen, from he scored freely and the second one was an own goal. Virtually you could say Kopenhagen didn't have/created one chance and still they managed to win with 0-2. Also after the 0-2 Huntelaar hit the bar again.

Go Madrid, Go Madrid, Whites all the Way! :happy :happy :happy.

Diarra will be going to Lyon but as a Madrid Player :cool: ;).

Pretty good draw for us,I was hoping during the draws that Bremen dont pop up in our group.Group A is a really toughie now.From our group I'll go with Liverpool to top and PSV to come second,an obvious choice.

Users who are viewing this thread