Change difficulty level midgame ?

GattbWarne4

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
If you change the difficulty level midgame (i.e save game, change difficulty, load game), is the change immediate, or effective from the start of the next innings/match ? It seems a little difficult to tell.

Bowling on Hard difficulty is fine; managed to bowl W.I out for 208 in a Test, complete with proper edges etc., but I can barely get my run rate up to 2 r.p.o when batting (unpatched A.I other than Sam's exe - I am Eng though !). I assume batting gets easier once the confidence meter gets higher, but unless you hit 4's regularly it soon drops again. So would be a bit more enjoyable batting on Medium.

I'm guessing that if I created a second profile with Medium difficulty to use when batting, I won't be able pick up my original save game (unless I copy it across to the new profile folder, along with the associated downloaded roster.pak) ?

Thanks all for any thoughts (other than keep practicing obv. ! :) )

I'm not sure- the most obvious way to find out would to be to change it to easy mid game and see if it chooses front/ back foot for you, but I don't think it would take effect immediately.

So would be a bit more enjoyable batting on Medium.
Not exactly my cup of tea but if he wants to, I might as well try to help

Good point - thanks, I'll give it a try. I must admit that on Hard, a square cut is very difficult to play with no confidence, but when changing to Medium in the same innings, unless it was my imagination, it seemed a little easier - difficult to tell. Still couldn't get it past Point though !

Just practice, soon you'll be getting 600 every innings and crying out for patches :)

Originally posted by madmattg
Why would you bother?

Perhaps it's just my poor gaming skills/lack of practice (though I've played two Tests and two 4-day tour matches in the Caribbean, which in realtime has taken a couple of weeks of my limited free time) but on Hard it seems difficult to pierce the ring of fielders. Yes, I want a challenge, but not at the expense of a little enjoyment !

As brad352 says though, I guess even more practice is required !:)

Practice. practice, practice.

Yes then the patches will be needed. The original is so easy you will wonder what the hell you were doing to get out when you first got the game.

Users who are viewing this thread