Changing the commentry

Rob H

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
FreddieFan said:
I've got the Ashes 2005 DVD box set, which should have plenty of examples of commentary from Boycott, Benaud, Stats, Athers, Mark Nicholas and Tony Greig. I have a DVD ROM drive in my computer, would this be sufficient to get audio clips off?

If so, how do I isolate the particular part I want?

I'd be more than willing to contribute to changing the commentary, if I get the answers to the above questions I'll start as soon as possible. One thing that would be helpful, though, is a list of what all the individual commentary files say, so they could be replaced more accurately.

One last thing - I had a brief look at the commentary files, and from what I can make out, an event ingame directs the commentary to a particular folder, from which a random comment is made. Is this correct, and if so, does that mean we can put an unlimited amout of .wav files in the folders?

Cheers

Freddiefan
guess what mate - I have that DVD too :D
To do what you want to do is find a dvd ripper and rip the vob files on the dvd to an avi file on the pc. You can then import that into windows media player and follow the instructions i have already posted.

The last point you make about the commentry files i am not sure about. What i have done is delete the agnew files and put in my own under the same name so it goes to that file thinking it is aggers. I'm not sure if you can put as many or as little as you want in or not. If anyone is willing to find out and possible much up their version i'd be ever so greatful :upray

Rob H

School Cricketer
Can people make a list of commentators they want. Bob Willis is not allowed to be put down though.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Thats ESPN-STAR SPORTS copyright.
I doubt anyone can get hands on those commentry clips unless you have a tv tuner to record the matches.
The 3 guys you have mentioned would be really tough to get.

Rob H

School Cricketer
Have a bit of Ravi shastri on my pc but not the others guys.

Rob H

School Cricketer
I've done quite a few add ins. I have more to do though :(

Users who are viewing this thread