Checklist for MattW's Visit to BigAnt's Office

Why is Matt so special, i think Ross can fly me up from SA, i will also report back to you guys after in depth play session :p

That's why Matt's special... you don't have to fly him in :D

There are many locals who can do the same job as the Matt guy is going to do.
Protest guys!!!:mad
:p

I am all for someone else based in Melbourne (say CaptainOz) visit Big Ant Studios if Matt's tied up. But I suspect the hold-up is more due to Ross busy with DBC 14 release planning and related logistics issues.

Shall we start a poll for who we want to visit Big Ant's office?

not being an a-hole or anything, but if Big Ant are successful in getting a pre-Christmas release anywhere, surely Matt's visit becomes not that important? Since the idea (as I understood it, apologies if I had the wrong end of the stick) was for Matt to have a more in-depth look at the game than was possible at the play session and feedback more that he managed to pick up there? But if Ross was able to come out tomorrow or Friday and say "hey, we've managed to get the retailers on board and the game will release in Aus, NZ and UK on 19th Dec", surely we don't need Matt's visit since people will be giving lots of feedback/reviews/details to anyone who wants to wait before deciding?

Matt's visit would have been great in Oct/Nov, or even now if Ross confirms 2013 is no longer possible, but with 2013 still possible surely his visit doesn't matter? Or am I missing something?

Dave is correct. This has taken too long to transpire. My interest is dwindling although I was really looking forward to his visit. I am more interested in knowing when I can get the game.

I wouldn't say it was pointless seeing as Matt has played every cricket game under the sun and he knows what he's talking about when it comes to cricket games.

I wouldn't say it was pointless seeing as Matt has played every cricket game under the sun and he knows what he's talking about when it comes to cricket games.

He is one lucky guy, even Biggs would have dreamed it;)

but i think there is hardly anyone on this forum who will wait to hear what he says before deciding on whether to buy this...

as i say, a couple of months ago (or if it turns out it won't be released for a while) then his visit could furnish a lot of info and be quite useful... but if it's going to be released 2013, it's fairly pointless

It could well be that by the time matt gets to review it the game may have been released (maybe only in Australia,) but as said above he's reviewed many other games so his opinion is probably valid and valued, by both the developer and the consumer. If its out the only difference would be he can review it from the comforts of his home rather than bigants offices, and he can have something to eat with meat in it!!!

Would like to see some good swing bowling in action with some play and misses.

but i think there is hardly anyone on this forum who will wait to hear what he says before deciding on whether to buy this...

It's a different situation to AC13 because there were a good few people that thought that game might have been salvageable and waiting for someones opinion on the title that comes with a pedigree like Matt's was a good idea. We all know how his experience went on that...

This game is different, because we've seen so much of it already and have had hands-on experience with the CA Beta so most of us have made up our minds. There would only be a handful of people on the fence right now and I would say even the naysayers will be picking it up, based on the fact they're nerdy enough to be on a cricket games forum like the rest of us...

That being said...

I think the time for his visit has been and gone, there's obviously going to be a roll-out now of videos, images and other material aimed more at the mainstream markets and people unaware of the title which are (naturally) going to cover elements of the game we already know about or have heard about for some time now. I don't think there's anything that Matt getting a one-on-one hands-on with the game would change for the average consumer who hasn't heard about the product that a roll-out of promotional material wouldn't already do.

A visit now would really only play to us all here, while that would be nice I genuinely don't think there's much benefit now. Which is a shame... but I think that horse has bolted.

Matt's visit was always for PC members, I think it's still valid, as long as MattW thinks it is too then it will go ahead.

I guess the release has all to do with it ross, if you can get the game out by say 24th of December then you will be to busy. Time will tell.

Matt's visit was always for PC members, I think it's still valid, as long as MattW thinks it is too then it will go ahead.

Who in their right mind would deny an opportunity to play the most awaited cricket game of their life before every one.

Users who are viewing this thread