Chelsea handed transfer ban

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
No Aguero, No Pirlo, I expect a huge amount of players coming in Jan 2011..

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
:laugh Unlucky Chelski. Would be megalol's if they get a load of injuries around the time when they lose quite a few guys to the African Nations. Guess that'll teach'em for tapping players up.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Its going to be contested and most probably reduced to a fine or probably only applicable during the January window.

Dont think it matters much anyways since I dont think Chelsea will be looking to make any major signings. The current squad is strong and big enough.

PhilD123

International Coach
All this about the "sanctity" of contracts from the organisation who's president said keeping a player who was under contract amounted to slavery.:sarcasm

Still, funny :D

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Wow, Fifa hate English clubs.

EDIT: Same thing happened to Roma over Mexes in 2005 but it was reduced after appeal.

Last edited:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Everyone does it. Do people think united didn't talk to Berbatov before spurs accepted the offer.

PhilD123

International Coach
From what has been said though, this isn't just a case of simple tapping up (as goes on regularly), the player breached his contract in a way and Chelsea are responsible for it too.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Its going to be contested and most probably reduced to a fine or probably only applicable during the January window.

Dont think it matters much anyways since I dont think Chelsea will be looking to make any major signings. The current squad is strong and big enough.

Really? You didn't have much luck with your appeal for Drogba's suspension, did you? Oh and just because you've started like you're on fire, don't get ahead of yourselves. It's a marathon, not a sprint and I doubt if Chelsea will be able to keep this up (and then there's the question of injuries cropping up). As for ourselves, we're barely out of second gear, but then again, we often start slowly.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Seriously, have one debate where you don't sound incredibly biased. Most people agree Chelsea are the best equipped this season. They had Carvalho, Cole and Essien out for long periods but, with a good manager, coped really well in the second half of the season.

You can't dismiss everyone's title challenge as if injuries will magically appear or they will spontaneously self-conbust while United carry on on their merry way.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I agree. It's ridiculously biased to suggest that Chelsea will just fail all of a sudden yet ruling out the possibility that the same thing could happen to United. Maybe Chelsea are 'barely out of second gear' too?

Users who are viewing this thread