Chennai Super Kings Ku Periya Whistle Adinga ! :D

official tag [HASHTAG]#WhistlePodu[/HASHTAG]

[HASHTAG]#WhistlePodu[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
At the auction, it didn't look like CSK did great work in the revamp of their side, but now just before the real action is about to start, CSK suddenly looks very formidable. The loss of Hussey and Albie Morkel is more than made up by the entry of Dwayne Smith and Brendon McCullum. If Albie is a swing 'n miss guy, Smith is pretty close (probably better). McCullum (like Huss) is a calculated hitter, and a more brutal hitter. McCullum can keep, so he is a natural backup for Dhoni if necessary. And we have Faf Du Plessis who will now take up the senior role after Hussey's exit.

I think this should be our template XI. Certain spots dont have competition due to the players involved (example is No.3, 5, 6, 7 & 8 which are taken by Raina, Dhoni, Bravo, Jadeja and Ashwin):

Top Two (No.1 & No.2)
D Smith (OR)
B McCulllum (OR)
F Du Plessis

One Down (No.3)
S Raina

Two Down (No.4)
M Manhas (OR)
B Aparajith

Three Down (no.5)
MS Dhoni

Four Down (No.6)
D Bravo

Spinners (No.7 & No.8)
R Jadeja
R Ashwin

Overseas Bowler (No.9)
B Hilfenhaus (OR)
M Henry (OR)
S Badree

Indian Bowlers (No.10 and No.11)
I Pandey (OR)
A Nehra (OR)
M Sharma

Last edited:

SK-ZC

International Coach
probably the Starting XI may be

D Smith
B McCulllum
S Raina
M Manhas
D Bravo
MS Dhoni
R Jadeja
R Ashwin
B Hilfenhaus
A Nehra
M Sharma

so i think, our team will go with this lineup for first two or three matches,then according to the performances of certain players like Smith,Manhas,Nehra. Faf,Baba,Pandey may come in :yes

lion100lion

International Coach
My XI :-

1. F Du Plessis
  2. B McCulllum
  3. S Raina
  4. M Manhas
  5. D Bravo
  6. MS Dhoni
  7. R Jadeja
  8. R Ashwin
  9. B Hilfenhaus
  10. A Nehra
  11. M Sharma

I am a bit concerned with the team's performance in the finals..:noway

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Personally, I would play Baba Aparajith over Manhas. Aparajith has been warming the benches for CSK for too long now. He is a very exciting allrounder, and a big hitter (that's what I have heard of him though I haven't watched him). And he is a useful bowler too. Personally, I would give him the chance ahead of Manhas for most of the matches. I know CSK already have a lot of bowlers, but having an additional seamer is always a good thing.

Also Aparajith is future India material. I cant say the same for Mithun Manhas, who is already 34 years old now.

grkrama

National Board President
^ FC record seems really good, but his list A or t20 dont flatter esp his SR though sample is very less.He seems solid test material and with age his definitely a future slot for IND.

Users who are viewing this thread