Computer hardware update

RPHKR

National Board President
I have an old computer. I think this is the right time to update it.
Following are the specs:

A motherboard with i5 processor.
4 GB RAM.
A graphics card to play Don Bradman Cricket, Assassins Creed, etc.

What is the cost of these in India? Which brand would you prefer? Please help guys. :)

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Are you looking to buy a new computer, or upgrade your old one?
What are the specs of the old computer if you plan to upgrade.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
4GB ram are you sure about that anyway if you play games like CoD etc get a 8GB Ram+1GB/2GB Graphics Card here in Pakistan it will cost me about 20 to 25 K but in India it will be cheap

fiction

County Cricketer
I'd be surprised if a 610gt is able to run Assassins Creed at decent settings.

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
I suggest you to go for a Gigabyte Combo Motherboard,nVidia GeForce 210 1GB version,a 4GB ramstick.I got all of em with a decent PC cabinet for around 7k.Also if you can spend some more,Go for a 1TB internal HDD costing around 3k.(You have to shell out for the processor I suppose).

fiction

County Cricketer
One major question is, do you just want to play DBC 14? If you're not very concerned about the graphics then any low-mid level graphic card can run DBC 14, but if you want to push the game's graphics to its limits then you would need a decent graphics card.

Now, I have tried the nets on an Ati 6750 and it's able to run it at its highest settings without any lag.

Last edited:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I suggest you to go for a Gigabyte Combo Motherboard,nVidia GeForce 210 1GB version,a 4GB ramstick.I got all of em with a decent PC cabinet for around 7k

You mean motherboard+processor+ram+cabinet for 7k? Which processor?

RPHKR

National Board President
Are you looking to buy a new computer, or upgrade your old one?
What are the specs of the old computer if you plan to upgrade.

It's pretty old. Some Intel motherboard with 512 MB RAM and Pentium 4 processor. It automatically shutdowns, restarts, hangs or shows a blue screen. I'm having this problem for a few years which forced me to buy a new laptop. I'm using a laptop now.

Now, I'm just trying to buy a new motherboard with a i5 processor(!), new RAM(4-8 GB), gfx card. (Would like to use the same cabinet, hard-disk)

GB ram are you sure about that anyway if you play games like CoD etc get a 8GB Ram+1GB/2GB Graphics Card here in Pakistan it will cost me about 20 to 25 K but in India it will be cheap

If required, I'll buy 8GB. Yeah, I wanna play those. :D(Never played CoD)

I suggest you to go for a Gigabyte Combo Motherboard,nVidia GeForce 210 1GB version,a 4GB ramstick.I got all of em with a decent PC cabinet for around 7k.Also if you can spend some more,Go for a 1TB internal HDD costing around 3k.(You have to shell out for the processor I suppose).

7 K? Well that's pretty great! My budget is around Rs.15-20k.

One major question is, do you just want to play DBC 14? If you're not very concerned about the graphics then any low-mid level graphic card can run DBC 14, but if you want to push the game's graphics to its limits then you would need a decent graphics card.

Nah. I want to update to some extent. So I could use the same card for a decade. :p

Last edited:

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are you sure that your computer will be able to carry out all these modifications ? because same happened with me , my computer was old and it showed errors , blue screen etc..and I was suggested by a computer engineer to buy a new one , he said that my computer could not get hold of those modifications so had to buy a new one.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
You won't be able to use the same HDD/cabinet. Most likely your HDD would be IDE, and the newer motherboards won't support it. You can use it if it is SATA.
Also, the cabinet size could be an issue.

RPHKR

National Board President
You won't be able to use the same HDD/cabinet. Most likely your HDD would be IDE, and the newer motherboards won't support it. You can use it if it is SATA.
Also, the cabinet size could be an issue.

Yeah, it's IDE. Okay I'll buy a new one.
Anyway to convert IDE harddisk into an external HDD?

fiction

County Cricketer
If I'm not reading it wrong, you want an i7 processor, 8gb ram and a decent graphic card within 15-20k, right?

Users who are viewing this thread