Contacted a Developer at HB-Studios

knight-007

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
FYI,
Last week I was able to contact a Developer at HB studios. This happened by chance as I was browsing a news group for an issue I was having with a software project I am involved with. Anyways, I had the opportunity to ask this person about a patch for cricket 2004 and I was told that EA has not yet requested a patch from HB studios . The developer also told me that for cricket 2002 EA took about an year to request a patch from HB-studios and that HB-Studios got it done as soon as it was requested (which sounds about correct for those of us who used cricket 2002). This person later informed me that they are currently working on rugby 2005 and cricket 2006 and that both games are "leaps and bounds beyond the current releases" (this persons exact words). In my last email to this person I casually mentioned that I was a member of an online cricket forum and that there are die hard fans who would like to have a patch. Interestingly this person never replied back to this email. Please understand that due to privacy reasons I cannot release the email address nor the name of this individual. I am not sure how many of you have actually called EA technical support with some of the more serious game-play bugs the game has(example: unable to continue playing the game after 22 overs in a limited overs game etc). I personally don't think that sending them emails with bug lists will help. What I have gathered from the conversation with this individual is that HB studios has very little control over things like patches, which makes sense if EA is actually funding this game.

Sorry for the long post but I though that some of you might like to know. :)

Thanks knight-007. That seems really interesting news espcially about Cricket 2006. I suppose EA have to pay HB-Studios to make a patch so therefore it should be EA that people should be requesting a patch to.

Ste

Originally posted by Ste
Thanks knight-007. That seems really interesting news espcially about Cricket 2006.
Ste

They've said that before every release since cricket 99 and everytime people buy the hype. As soon as the game nears retail they send out spammers to advertise the game and make it sound brilliant on the forums accross the net. I'm not expecting anything special, merely an updated version.

Well cricket 2004 was bad so not many of us are expecting cricket 2006 to be an improvement.

Yes I agree about C2004 being bad.Until a competitor emerges we will continue get treated this way by these guys

I seriously lost hope on EA about any new cricket game. They have been saying the same thing since first game they ever made and yet to see any improvement.

I would love someone from EA SPORTS to log on to
this forum and download some of these patches
to see how much improvement could be made on this game

Admin Edit: I have warned you before about this - stop these off topic postings

Originally posted by knight-007
FYI,
This person later informed me that they are currently working on rugby 2005 and cricket 2006 and that both games are "leaps and bounds beyond the current releases" (this persons exact words).

Yes sadly we have heard this time old line churned out before every next release of an EA produced Cricket game - the evidence suggests that c2006 won't be leaps and bounds ahead of c2004

hi Zim any suggestions for me?

Yes, first suggestion is to stop these off topic postings. Stick to the thread you have made

Was this persons name on the chat forum Deep Throat?

I about instead of EA downloading a patch to see how much improvement it has made.

They employ the help from some gamers that actually play cricket when they are doing there testing.

Or developers that have an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread