Couch Potato Critic

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Couch Potato Critic

If any of you have ventured into the sports forum you may have stumbled across my blog on all things sports, 'Ramblings of a Sports Fanatic'.

I have decided to begin a second blog, this time focusing on my other love - film and television. Basically I'll just be reviewing films and television series', hopefully giving people insight as to what they might want to watch, or not bother watching as the case may be.

Done a couple of blogs so far. Please let me know what you think.

cerande

Club Captain
Its great that you are making something out of your requirement.Thanks to that you might post more now.
Your blogs themselves from what I have read till now are good.Also you seem to be writing about films that I have not seen,and there is a big plus for me right there.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Cheers fella. I'd recommend The Grey and the film I will review tomorrow, All The President's Men. Brilliant films. Thanks for your feedback. A hungover review will be posted tomorrow.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I really liked All The President's Men. I saw it in a class a few months ago. Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman were class.

2 great facts about ATPM:

• The security guard investigating the break in at Watergate at the beginning of the film was the real life security guard from the scandal.
  • There is more than one scene in the film that have errors in them, but were left in by the director. One of them is when Robert Redford's character is having a phone conversation, switching between two people at the same time, and accidentally addresses one of them by the other's name.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Very interesting. Wonder how many people pick up on the second one watching for the first time. I remember the scene, not sure I picked up on it though.

cerande

Club Captain
I don't know much about watergate,but I guess for the sake of watching the film,it might be better this way.

There is more than one scene in the film that have errors in them, but were left in by the director. One of them is when Robert Redford's character is having a phone conversation, switching between two people at the same time, and accidentally addresses one of them by the other's name.
Did you really pick on that while watching the film,Skater or did you read about it somewhere?
I could never do that.:p

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I don't know much about watergate,but I guess for the sake of watching the film,it might be better this way.

Did you really pick on that while watching the film,Skater or did you read about it somewhere?
I could never do that.:p

I noticed the phone conversation while watching the film, and thought it seemed like a mistake, but Redford reacted very naturally and kept in character so I wasn't sure. I looked on IMDB later on and this was indeed a mistake but was left in.

Users who are viewing this thread