Couple of questions on config editing

tomcress2000

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,

Does anyone know what values I should amend to reduce the amount the cpu batsmen advances down the wicket to spinners, as im finding its to easy to get them stumped? The type of delivery they are advancing to is outside off stump and trying to play a cut shot.

Also does anyone know what values should be amended so to improve the chances of the cpu batsmen defending yorkers as again to many batsmen are getting bowled by yorkers?

any help would be much appreciated

thanks
Tom

faraz haider said:
well for suggestion use my patch

I am happy with my patch that I have been amending, I just have these 2 issues. I have tried the search function but am unable to find a solution, does anyone have any ideas of what could amended within the cfg editor?

Someone must have an idea, dont they?

thanks

Well I do have one method but this means that the batsmen will not play the shots at all.

Just change the BOWLER TYPES thing to 9 in the config editor for all the advance shots.Now the cpu will not play the advance shots to spinners at all.

Hope it helps.

gold639 said:
Well I do have one method but this means that the batsmen will not play the shots at all.

Just change the BOWLER TYPES thing to 9 in the config editor for all the advance shots.Now the cpu will not play the advance shots to spinners at all.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for replying. In the config editor I only see one advance shot file, think its something like straight drive advance, is this the only one you would change, or are are there other advance shots that would need to be amended?

cheers

Check the stroke editor tutorial by zimrahil.I found the information I gave you from there.

gold639 said:
Check the stroke editor tutorial by zimrahil.I found the information I gave you from there.

Yeah I have used that a lot, but it doesnt explain what the difference is between for example forward def1, forward def2, forward def3 etc if there is any differance???

On the config editor I can only see one shot that says advance on it, so I assume this is the only one that needs amending to stop the cpu advancing?

thanks

faraz haider said:
well search for stroke editor tutorial and u can find their all yr required information

Yes I have used that many times but it doesnt explain what strokes I should alter for defending yorkers etc, or batsmen advancing down the wicket. Are foward def1 and forward def2 the same thing? Is straight drive advance the only shot that needs amending for batsmen advancing?

I dont understand why other advance shots are not there either.Well,atleast the batsmen wont play the straight advance shot to spinners anymore.Better to have something rather than nothing,isnt it?.Ask some of the patch makers like tutsi or radaga for help.

gold639 said:
I dont understand why other advance shots are not there either.Well,atleast the batsmen wont play the straight advance shot to spinners anymore.Better to have something rather than nothing,isnt it?.Ask some of the patch makers like tutsi or radaga for help.

Thanks I will give it a try anyway.

Tutsi, Radega, or anyother patch makers are you able to shed anymore light on my issues? any help would much appreciated?

faraz haider said:
or u should give me yr email address so i can post what u wanted to yr mail box

Thanks Faraz, my email is [email protected] if you wish to email.

My biggest issues is the cpu batsmen advancing down the pitch and getting stumped, any ideas how to reduce them advancing or stopping them alltogethor would be great?

thanks

tomcress2000 said:
Yes I have used that many times but it doesnt explain what strokes I should alter for defending yorkers etc, or batsmen advancing down the wicket. Are foward def1 and forward def2 the same thing? Is straight drive advance the only shot that needs amending for batsmen advancing?

I am afraid I haven't played the game for a long time but from memory here are some stroke explanations

batpad(Spin) - everyone moans that its easy to take wickets with spinners with the ball popping up in the air for easy close in catches. This is the file to alter to stop this from happening. In crease the vertical values

backdef1 - the main stroke used for backward defensive strokes

backdef2 - this stroke is only played by tail enders. It the animation used for fending the short ball out side off stump

backdef4 - this stroke is only played by tail enders. It the animation used for fending the short ball thats going to hit the batman (takes one hand off bat)

backdef(spin) - backward defensive stroke used against spinners

cover drive (Def) - this is the elegant looking cover drive stroke with the high elbow finish

cover drive (Attack) - this is the uglier more attacking cover drive stroke

straight drive (main) - this is the elegant looking straight drive stroke with the high elbow finish

straight drive 3 - this is the uglier looking straight drive stroke

Hook 1 - this is the main hook stroke animation

on drive 3- this is the elegant looking ondrive stroke

on drive 1 - this is the uglier looking on drive stroke

As far as I know - no one knows which stroke files are for advanced strokes. It might a combination of stroke files ,or possibly stroke files for a shot that don't appear to be used for normal stroke (eg straight drive 2 or 4)?

Users who are viewing this thread