Which vaccine have you taken?

• Total voters

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Given the increasing amount of efforts in containing the pandemic, just wanted to understand the take of fellow members on the vaccination programs available in your country. Have you already been vaccinated? If not, what might be the reasons for the same and how soon do you expect to get vaccinated?

Personally, I have had my 2 shots of the Pfizer one. Sore arm after the first shot and heavy nausea and body pain after the second one being my side-effects.There's evidence that it protects against the newer strains found in Brazil and the UK. Also, some talk from the Pfizer CEO that we may need a 3rd dose after a year. Let's see how this develops. I feel we may need an annual vaccine ,at least for the first 3 years, post which someone should develop a more potent anti-virus to take care of this.

CooldiPargi

Aal Izz Well
India
RCB...
CSK
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
My mom already had 2 Dose of vaccine (don't know which one) yet she was tested +ve, Hard times knocks on everyones door. & after some days of Quarantine she is fine now. Day before yesterday reports came as -ve and today she's back to her duty, Truly a Warrior.

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
England
We don't have a choice of vaccine here, you just get what's on offer. My parents have had 2 shots each, both had a sore arm and felt shivery. I will be called up soon, fingers crossed we beat this pandemic and get back to some sort of normality. :thumbs

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I sincerely believe at this point once the vaccine is approved by the WHO then take it. Most developing and third world countries do not have a choice to decide which vaccine to select. Reason being the affluent countries of North America and European countries have purchased orders well in advance from the major companies, restricting flow to the poor countries.
Post automatically merged:

My mom already had 2 Dose of vaccine (don't know which one) yet she was tested +ve, Hard times knocks on everyones door. & after some days of Quarantine she is fine now. Day before yesterday reports came as -ve and today she's back to her duty, Truly a Warrior.
Strong woman indeed, glad she recovered well.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Well, the getting immunised doesn't mean that you won't contract Covid. It means that the body is well armed to deal with it, should it happen to you. Also, with the increasing variants of Covid, it can mean that immunised people may contract either of the variants.

Anyhow, God bless you and your family and happy to know that your mom is all well! Gujarat is one of the states that has been badly impacted and I pray that you guys stay safe!

We don't have a choice of vaccine here, you just get what's on offer.
Yes! That's the most common answer I've heard around the globe. Most vaccines, above 50% efficacy are good enough. I believe people are getting paranoid with regards to the efficacy rate and are only running behind those that portray a 90%+ rate.

I sincerely believe at this point once the vaccine is approved by the WHO then take it.
Yes! Although in Hong Kong, the Sinovac( manufactured in China) is not WHO approved. Still, some people prefer to take it. That said, the situation in Hong Kong regarding anti-vaxxers is quite bad. We are at a stage where the vaccine uptake is just 17% and the govt might be forced to throw away some vials, should adequate people not sign up(It's free,btw). Honestly, feel that here- they should round up the vials and send them over to countries that need it the most. Quite bummed to see some vaccines going to waste!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
My dad got one of Sinovac/Sinopharm in Pakistan. Was really concerned for him since last year, because he has hepatitis B and previously recovered from tuberculosis. So really relieved. My mother is signed up, but hasn’t been called yet.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Though I have Covishield & Covaxin to select from (mostly in govt. hospitals), I'm a bit reluctant to get vaccinated. Some people have reported that the vaccine is not as effective as it was last year since the virus has transformed itself to get acclamatized to current conditions. Since we don't have to go out and there is absolutely nil community interaction in my locality, I don't think I should hurry in getting the vaccine. My dad has medications of blood thinner & doctors suggest not to take the vaccine as there might be serious side effects from it. So I'm waiting for more effective vaccine/solution with minimum side effects.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
My dad got one of Sinovac/Sinopharm in Pakistan. Was really concerned for him since last year, because he has hepatitis B and previously recovered from tuberculosis. So really relieved. My mother is signed up, but hasn’t been called yet.
People above 40 no longer need to wait for Vaccination message :)

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
My sister got the Sinovac (Chinese) one. We were concerned about her vulnerability as a doctor in the wards, but thankfully our government prioritized health-workers' vaccination over the rest.

She had minor side effects such as fatigue. But nothing serious. The vaccine seems effective and the process was extremely smooth. Kudos to everyone involved!

Users who are viewing this thread