Cricket 07 download forum feedback

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
We are in the process of reviewing our current Cricket 07 download forum rules.

It would be good to hear back from all those that visit the Cricket 07 Download forum (others are welcome too) in regards to whether the rules we currently have are too strict and if so what improvements can be made?

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
First of all we need a active mod for that forum. Surendra is busy these days with his office but whenever he get's time he is doing best for that forum. Another important point is people are creating unnecessary threads for example they are creating a thread for request. Member's are bumping old threads on daily basis so what i think is if any patch maker has stopped patching close his thread it can stop bumping. Comments like good work,well done, not the best you need to improve are still been posted in cricket07 forum.

One question from me is can we reply to people like i will do that request for you or give me some time i will complete it soon.

These are few questions from me.

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
Just let the people post things like good job mate, it just make the patcher feel good, unless the thread is too old.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
First of all we need a active mod for that forum. Surendra is busy these days with his office but whenever he get's time he is doing best for that forum. Another important point is people are creating unnecessary threads for example they are creating a thread for request. Member's are bumping old threads on daily basis so what i think is if any patch maker has stopped patching close his thread it can stop bumping. Comments like good work,well done, not the best you need to improve are still been posted in cricket07 forum.

One question from me is can we reply to people like i will do that request for you or give me some time i will complete it soon.

These are few questions from me.

I reckon there is no one called "Surendra" in our PC:)
Its Surendar;);)
And Yeah, I even complain the same. No active Mod for that section.
Making someone like Friends863 or Ahad can be suggested as they the old ones and even they know what is going on as they're following it each and every thread. (I dunno about Ahad but I can find at least a post or two in almost all the threads by Friends863.)
And the word "Thank" below the posts should be replaced by "Excellent Work" or "KIUGW" as newbies can understand what is that "Thank".

And I suggest one more harsh thing by taking out downloads forum etc etc.
Just have ONE single forum for all the downloads.
If the download maker deserves a thread, let them open.
We here have quoting system for which one should feel good.
In orkut, we don't have quoting system and still, We are managing (Me in orkut) with only one thread for all downloads.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
This is a specific question on the rules we have in the Cricket 07 forum. Before you can discuss the moderation, you need to set the rules that the moderation is based on. While it is all an integrated issue, try to focus on the rules we currently have in the forum, how they could be improved or whether elements of them should be removed.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I am sure that no newbie from sub continent read those rules..!!:laugh
And the other people don't need rules as they know some general rules which are to be followed.
May be some people who experienced some bad experience in some other forum may read.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
One of the element which should be removed is 1 thread per person. We should be allowed maximum 2 threads per person. Another rule which should be changed is limit for thread title. It should be something like this if any thread has 5 stars it should be allowed for full thread title name(no restriction).

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
One of the element which should be removed is 1 thread per person. We should be allowed maximum 2 threads per person. Another rule which should be changed is limit for thread title. It should be something like this if any thread has 5 stars it should be allowed for full thread title name(no restriction).

That'll result in something called "Spam"

People should not be allowed to make threads.

Mods should create them and get it transferred to the users.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I am not saying create 5 thread for 5 things. I am saying two thread should be allowed but first the member should ask mod that can he create a thread for this stuff and other stuff in his previous thread. One thread for all the things confuse patch maker's a lot.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I won't get confused..:laugh:laugh
Ad why do you get confused??
I don't get why you confuse.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Not confused like that.:p
Maybe it should also depend on thread stars?

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
I liked the rules from the previous revamp of the C07 forum. 1 thread per member and limits on the title thread name kept the forum clean. The only thing that seem to disrupt it was the amount of people bringing back topics to say "i get an error" or just to say "good job" got out of hand. Other than that the rules were fine. Just need an extra moderator to since Surendar can't do it all by himself can he.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Surely he can't. We need to insure that one of the best moderator get's this job after all their are 5,6 people who spam that forum a lot with posts like can anyone give me this/that template,Please help me i want to make a kit,i need a tutorial for face making etc etc.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
People don't know how to post.
Yeah, I don't want to name but the people here don't follow some common punctuation. (Like starting a sentence with a letter in Caps, giving a space after even comma, full stop etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread